Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

5 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Orlando health area is quietly becoming dense.

and what is the lot directly north of EarthFare or what was EarthFare going to be ? It’s fenced off in black.

The same developer has a 2nd building (office I think) slated for that lot, but I have not seen it show up on any planning boards in the past 2 years.

• 3 weeks later...

A few odds and ends

On 4/6/2021 at 2:28 PM, LouStoo said:

Also a Bagel Bruno at that location

Yep. signage announcing same is up inside and out and a sign on the door says they'll be open soon. I can't get enthused about Bruno's just because of the proprietor, but I do think this is a good choice for the area.  

A hundred yards north of there I see the the Colonial Medical building is available. I think that business has been there since I've been in Orlando (35+years). I'm sure it will be something medical related, but it does have a back lane that would allow a drive thru if someone is so inclined.

In the Novel development at Earth Fare I noticed there are palettes of food products ready to be shelved and today they were installing cash registers. Also, as of today, they now have listed the Gore Ave site on the website as "coming soon".

In that same development, opposite end, Eat the Frog appears to be taking up the entire north east corner of the building instead of just the middle section they are currently working on. I noticed the builder has started dry wall- but the floor is still dirt...??? I assume they know what they're doing.

Over at Orlando Brewing they have teased that big news is coming soon. Everyone knows they have to relocate due to OH buying their location, but they have not announced the new space yet (it was rumored to be in Parramore). I assume we will get the final word very soon. Anyone have any insight?

I could see Orlando Brewing moving south to the new plaza at Gatlin that will replace the current strip mall (west side of Orange) or taking the brewery placeholder spot for a new project at the concrete plant on west Grant.  

Pie in the sky would be for them to take over the entire vacant strip mall where Habit Burger was.  Probably still too small though 

19 hours ago, AmIReal said:

A few odds and ends

Yep. signage announcing same is up inside and out and a sign on the door says they'll be open soon. I can't get enthused about Bruno's just because of the proprietor, but I do think this is a good choice for the area.  

A hundred yards north of there I see the the Colonial Medical building is available. I think that business has been there since I've been in Orlando (35+years). I'm sure it will be something medical related, but it does have a back lane that would allow a drive thru if someone is so inclined.

In the Novel development at Earth Fare I noticed there are palettes of food products ready to be shelved and today they were installing cash registers. Also, as of today, they now have listed the Gore Ave site on the website as "coming soon".

In that same development, opposite end, Eat the Frog appears to be taking up the entire north east corner of the building instead of just the middle section they are currently working on. I noticed the builder has started dry wall- but the floor is still dirt...??? I assume they know what they're doing.

Over at Orlando Brewing they have teased that big news is coming soon. Everyone knows they have to relocate due to OH buying their location, but they have not announced the new space yet (it was rumored to be in Parramore). I assume we will get the final word very soon. Anyone have any insight?

They had a social post with Kay Rawlins and other members of the Orlando City Foundation the other day. Seemed like the big news may be associated with that, but could be both something OCSC related and relocation related. 

22 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Pie in the sky would be for them to take over the entire vacant strip mall where Habit Burger was.  Probably still too small though 

Not much parking there unless they made a deal with the MRI place next door to use their parking on the weekend since that lot sits completely empty. Crazy that all 3 businesses went under in that same strip, rarely do you see a verizon store go under but probably covid related?

On 4/13/2021 at 3:52 PM, bqknight said:

They had a social post with Kay Rawlins and other members of the Orlando City Foundation the other day. Seemed like the big news may be associated with that, but could be both something OCSC related and relocation related. 

Here's that news story. Not to say it couldn't be part of a bigger partnership.

Orlando Brewing to sell new hibiscus and blueberry Pride lager to benefit Orlando City SC's charity org
https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2021/04/14/orlando-brewing-to-sell-new-hibiscus-and-blueberry-pride-lager-to-benefit-orlando-city-scs-charity-org

On 4/13/2021 at 1:52 PM, Jernigan said:

or taking the brewery placeholder spot for a new project at the concrete plant on west Grant.

That would be idea, but that project seems a long ways off.

3 hours ago, smileguy said:

Here's that news story. Not to say it couldn't be part of a bigger partnership.

Orlando Brewing to sell new hibiscus and blueberry Pride lager to benefit Orlando City SC's charity org
https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2021/04/14/orlando-brewing-to-sell-new-hibiscus-and-blueberry-pride-lager-to-benefit-orlando-city-scs-charity-org

Thanks for that.