Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

5 hours ago, LouStoo said:

The Foxtail in SoDo opened today

It was open yesterday. I got one salmon, cream cheese bagel and a small latte for $20... it was ok.

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

I hope Earth Fare has a grand reopening with free food. 

1st 100 people in line get freebies.

Went to Earth Fare on Sunday morning around 10:00 and there was all of 5 people in the store. there were several shelves bare or with overflow stock from other areas. the quick grab section was filled with cases of bottled water. It was like they picked up right where the left off before shutting down. 

SODO north Foxtail had some alarming operations issues. 8 people in the place and it took 10 min to get a small coffee and a bagel with cream cheese. Also the parking lot was full, but the shop was almost empty.  bagel was fine. more in line with a montreal style as opposed to a ny style. SODO needs a good NY style bagel place so the wait continues. 

Could all be because it was early on a Sunday, but was somewhat alarming.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

O-Town Tan is the latest Covid Casualty.  They closed up shop earlier this week and made a deal with South Beach to move memberships/assets to them.  Calling it a merger, but it's pretty blatantly a sell.  TBD if South Beach will be assuming the lease in the Publix plaza or if it is one amenity that SoDo will no longer have (Closest South Beach locations are Lee Vista and Colonial Plaza).

• Thanks 1

I never could figure out why people who live in states like Florida and (southern) California go to tanning salons.

Back when I used to worry about being tan, I would use a tanning salon called "Go Outside In The Sun With Shorts And No Shirt On"

Worked pretty good and best of all their services were totally free.  :thumbsup: 

• Like 3

I typically only use it like a month or so a year (typically ~March) to just get a nice base tan quickly in like a week or two.  Sure you can go outside, but when you work 9-5, you miss all the good sun, and it takes multiple hours and multiple days to get the same base tan I can get in ~10 mins a day for 6-8 days.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

I typically only use it like a month or so a year (typically ~March) to just get a nice base tan quickly in like a week or two.  Sure you can go outside, but when you work 9-5, you miss all the good sun, and it takes multiple hours and multiple days to get the same base tan I can get in ~10 mins a day for 6-8 days.

Two words..... spray tan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZY6TJ4i5Tg

The development at 3509 S. Orange have been put on hold for a month. The developer has asked for a double density bonus to go from 30 units per acre to 60. "The submitted floorplans would create six retail shops on the ground floor with covered parking, with the end-caps being the largest at nearly 1,500 square feet. The apartments are all one-bedroom or smaller. The floorplan calls for 16 one-bedroom units with about 625 square feet, six efficiencies at 463 square feet and 51 studios, which are all about 540 square feet.", per GS.

"TDRC told the applicant to come back with a new site survey after it was pointed out that the submitted survey contained incorrect information regarding Highway Place."...??? (ouch)

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/residential-property-developments/gs-news-arisa-sodo-20210513-qpqgn3yqjrdd7heospa4mut4om-story.html

3 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Is this the one in front of the other apartments ?

It looks like it’s in front of and next to Holly Garden/Mark at SoDo/whatever SoDo name it is now.   Can’t wait for this to happen.  They are going to have to start thinking about adding a signal between Pineloch and Drennan.

6 hours ago, Jernigan said:

It looks like it’s in front of and next to Holly Garden/Mark at SoDo/whatever SoDo name it is now.   Can’t wait for this to happen.  They are going to have to start thinking about adding a signal between Pineloch and Drennan.

Please no more traffic signals. I always hit the Pineloch and Drennan lights going into work, even with little traffic. I don’t need another light to yell at!

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2021 at 9:06 PM, Jerry95 said:

Please no more traffic signals. I always hit the Pineloch and Drennan lights going into work, even with little traffic. I don’t need another light to yell at!

I think the additional light would not be to serve a road but to provide pedestrian crossings, so it could just be a pedestrian activated light, which shouldn't change the commute times significantly.

6 hours ago, codypet said:

@WAJASNo more ped signals.  Now we get these monstrosities.  

image.png.c28edaebbbe71a44b997682f5f873c29.png

I hate these with a passion. They look like railroad crossings but operate very differently. Quite frankly it’s dangerous that double flashing red lights can mean two very different things.

Edited by Jerry95
  • Like 2