Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

45 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

Verizon, mattress store and an unleaded restaurant space

Great!!!

It's about time we got some good unleaded food around here!!! :D

Probably explains why so many Orlandoans have been experiencing...

behavior problems
low IQ
poor grades at school
problems with hearing
short- and long-term learning difficulties
growth delays
abdominal pain
abdominal cramps
aggressive behavior
constipation
sleep problems
headaches
irritability
loss of developmental skills
loss of appetite
fatigue
high blood pressure
numbness or tingling in the extremities
memory loss
anemia
kidney dysfunction

:P

Also, I'm in the market for a new mattress at an affordable price, that I don't have to drive ten miles across town to pick up so, double bonus!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Great!!!

It's about time we got some good unleaded food around here!!! :D

Probably explains why so many Orlandoans have been experiencing...

behavior problems
low IQ
poor grades at school
problems with hearing
short- and long-term learning difficulties
growth delays
abdominal pain
abdominal cramps
aggressive behavior
constipation
sleep problems
headaches
irritability
loss of developmental skills
loss of appetite
fatigue
high blood pressure
numbness or tingling in the extremities
memory loss
anemia
kidney dysfunction

:P

Also, I'm in the market for a new mattress at an affordable price, that I don't have to drive ten miles across town to pick up so, double bonus!!!

He just means car food. Gas station!

• Like 1

On 9/15/2016 at 10:00 AM, JFW657 said:

I always assumed that it was the six story office building that was going to be the hotel to begin with. It certainly looks more like a hotel than the other one.

But regarding the size of the smaller building, it's actually a bit bigger than it looks from Orange Ave. Goes pretty far back. Nice parking garage, too.

Screenshot_20160915_095406.jpg

skyline shot from the parking garage

IMG_2831.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The OBJ is the worst.  What the heck is this paragraph: 

Currently, the property is envisioned to have 18 different parcels of land for small shops and several mobile homes. The land is owned by various different entities and is made up of parcels ranging in size from less than half an acre to three acres.

• Like 3

On 10/1/2016 at 5:08 PM, Jernigan said:

The OBJ is the worst.  What the heck is this paragraph: 

Currently, the property is envisioned to have 18 different parcels of land for small shops and several mobile homes. The land is owned by various different entities and is made up of parcels ranging in size from less than half an acre to three acres.

The word "envisioned" throws everything off, it's like OBJ is implying the project vision is... going to be exactly what is currently there! The rest of it is just a mess. Perhaps they've made cuts to their editorial staff?

I'm liking the density here, but I would have hoped they put retail facing Orange instead of parking to create a decent street wall.

site.JPG

• 1 month later...

Any speculation about anything happening with Holley Garden Apartments on South Orange?  I live near there and would dearly love to see those get bulldozed and a continuation of the type of development happening on Pineloch/Orange just north of there.  There was neighborhood rumors about it being purchase or being turned over to the Feds (HUD).  This complex is currently a blight on our community. 

15 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

Most people already think it's called Sodo and I've seen people jest at Downtown South being DoSo

In reality, there aren't that many SoDos in the world...even when you include South Park  

I understand that in an episode of How I Met Your Mother, two characters buy an apartment in DoWiSeTrePla, which turns out to be an "acroname" for Downwind of the Sewage Treatment Plant.

• Like 4