Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

19 hours ago, codypet said:

So Publix has the shelves stocked with food.

20210731_163901.jpg

20210731_163812.jpg

Publix was probably afraid Kroger might open up a physical store to complement it's online shopping service it's been doing in CFLA for the past year or so...so they bought the competing space (Lucky's) and put their store there too.

38 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

Publix was probably afraid Kroger might open up a physical store to complement it's online shopping service it's been doing in CFLA for the past year or so...so they bought the competing space (Lucky's) and put their store there too.

If it hasn't already been said, the scheduled opening date is 8/12.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jrs2 said:

Which was interesting because didn't Kroger have financial interest in Lucky's?  Winn Dixie bought  bunch of old Lucky's locations and I wonder what that would have looked like if W/D ended up there.  Talk about a grocery competitive corner.  W/D, Walmart, Publix, Target, Freshfields, and then Earth Fare right up the road.

Edited by codypet

I'm guessing the people who live south of Pineloch and have to travel north on Orange to get to Publix will opt for the new one, while those who live north of Michigan and have to travel south or who live off of Michigan will opt for the old one. 

Ease of access will likely play a major role, assuming the new one has a pharmacy, a bakery and a deli counter. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, codypet said:

I dunno.  If you're in either direction coming along Delaney, I feel like the old one is still easier to get at with that entrance being next to the post office.

True. Those who travel south on Delaney or north on Osceola would turn west on Pineloch and as such, have an easier time getting into the old Publix.

publixaccess.jpg

So with some people, it may just come down to how the traffic is on Pineloch as to which choice they make. 

No cars coming east on Pineloch = left turn into new Publix. 

Long line of cars coming east to sit and wait for = right turn into old Publix.

:dontknow: 

16 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

True. Those who travel south on Delaney or north on Osceola would turn west on Pineloch and as such, have an easier time getting into the old Publix.

publixaccess.jpg

So with some people, it may just come down to how the traffic is on Pineloch as to which choice they make. 

Where Traffic Is A Pleasure? (It’s so nice to just walk to the Eola Publix).

• Haha 1

On 8/7/2021 at 10:51 AM, JFW657 said:

publixaccess.jpg

I was thinking of the entrance on Southern Fruit Lane.

image.thumb.png.232f27cd835c9d06e3831b4ec4765580.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, codypet said:

I was thinking of the entrance on Southern Fruit Lane.

image.thumb.png.232f27cd835c9d06e3831b4ec4765580.png

That's definitely a better option if you're travelling south on Osceola. If you're going north, you may have to sit and wait for southbound traffic to pass anyway.

If you're going north and catch a green light or green left turn  arrow at Pineloch, you might decide it's quicker to turn left there and then see which is the  easier turn to make off of Pineloch. 

Thanks for giving us yet another annoying little decision to make in our daily lives, Publix. 

On 8/7/2021 at 6:15 PM, angela1117 said:

Traffic on Pineloch is scary sometimes. I've seen people use the turn lane as a regular traffic lane way too often. 

I noticed that the last old house on Pineloch has a for sale sign on it saying the property is pre approved for townhomes. 

That will pretty well fill up that Pineloch facing block. Those properties behind there are a nice stock of SFH so I assume we wont be seeing them convert. I'm guessing the next target is the trailer park next to Cecil's bbq.

On 8/6/2021 at 1:17 PM, JFW657 said:

I'm guessing the people who live south of Pineloch and have to travel north on Orange to get to Publix will opt for the new one, while those who live north of Michigan and have to travel south or who live off of Michigan will opt for the old one. 

Ease of access will likely play a major role, assuming the new one has a pharmacy, a bakery and a deli counter. 

It doesn't matter how you get into the new parking lot, the problem is getting out. If you are making a right hand turn onto Orange the traffic is usually terrible. If you are making a right had turn onto Pineloch, there is always some dodo in front of you making a left. This option is made worse by the exit onto Pineloch is directly across from the entry/exit to Publix/ BOA. Oh, and don't get me started on the morons that cross there on foot. I have written everything in that shopping center off my list.

It looks like the new Publix is going to be “Publix at Pine Loch Center.”

It would make sense that the Plaza Ecco name wouldn’t stick now that the apartments have been rebranded, but the turned Pineloch into two words so it may not be indicative of the plazas actual name.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

It looks like the new Publix is going to be “Publix at Pine Loch Center.”

It would make sense that the Plaza Ecco name wouldn’t stick now that the apartments have been rebranded, but the turned Pineloch into two words so it may not be indicative of the plazas actual name.

Maybe there’ll be a Pine Loch Monster!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, codypet said:

haha reminds me of the Sand Lake Sandlake debacle.  Or the Oak Ridge/Oakridge debacle.

image.png.a971c316ff93ce9fcb2297b568909b69.pngimage.png.15e48e81c4e3a0c36bf107739f01e419.png

image.png.6807e2b1beefa8709a979ee2fad86da8.pngimage.png.e897383448f11dd18bae53651e62b9bf.png

@codypet, what part of Sand Lake Rd is in the city? Is that out by the airport? (Sand Lake used to end at OBT and the continuation east was McCoy Rd). Obviously, I haven’t been paying attention (I mostly avoid that part of town as I’ve never been a fan of Florida Mall and rarely fly).

2 minutes ago, codypet said:

Haha I just got that newsletter too.  Gunning for Cecil's I see.

Freddy’s is now owned by a PEF so I shall not miss them. Long live 4Rivers! I have to say we have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to local ‘cue in Jax. It’s one of my favorite things up here.

Now I’m having a flashback to Meiner’s on OBT in Fairvilla way back when…

Edited by spenser1058

On 8/10/2021 at 1:02 PM, AmIReal said:

Oh, and don't get me started on the morons that cross there on foot. I have written everything in that shopping center off my list.

As one of those morons... where should I cross that block exactly?  Being that the block is over a quarter of a mile.

• Like 1