Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

Agreed.  I'd love to get more affordable housing and better designs.  But we can't even keep up with the demand for unaffordable housing right now.  And at this point, I only use that parking lot as a more direct route to walk to YouFit.  Beyond the very rare trip to Firehouse (like legit think I've been twice in the 5 years I've lived across the street), there's nothing in that plaza for me and the parking lot is beyond empty almost all the time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Took a look at the OCPA site - didnt realize the trailer park was sold in July.   I could see this restaurant being built just north of the Burger King.  

Certainly somewhere in that area... off memory, I think the tattoo shop is free standing, then the vacated car lot and the trailer park. Tie all of those together and it is a sizable lot- bigger than need for this project.  None of those lots have access to Illiana or Pineloch- which if possible, would really open up opportunity for the developer.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2022 at 1:10 AM, angela1117 said:

Plus isn't Four Rivers moving in to the old Freddy's at some point? Nice to have some new neighborhood choices coming up!

Also, you can get get some world famous Mac and Cheese at House of Mac- coming soon.

https://www.houseofmac.com/

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/gs-news-world-famuous-house-of-mac-black-owned-businesses-sodo-20220211-3ofexljfy5hsplwe5c2nfxtefe-story.html

17 hours ago, AmIReal said:

That seafood Mac looks awesome! 

11 hours ago, angela1117 said:

Yikes! With those prices I wonder how successful they'll be.

I took a look at their Yelp (cause, well, I love me a good mac and cheese) and it looks like the portion sizes are meant for more than one person/one meal. When I say there's a lot of cheese, there's A LOT of cheese. 

• Like 2

I saw a guy buying like 15-20 gallons of whole milk and other ingredients at WNM in Sodo a few months ago. A few of us were peppering him with questions about what they were for and he said he would be opening a House of Mac in Orlando soon...and pointed to his t-shirt. I had never heard of them & didn't realize they were well known. He was a slim guy, but I think the owner is a bigger guy from Miami.

13 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

I saw a guy buying like 15-20 gallons of whole milk and other ingredients at WNM in Sodo a few months ago. A few of us were peppering him with questions about what they were for and he said he would be opening a House of Mac in Orlando soon...and pointed to his t-shirt. I had never heard of them & didn't realize they were well known. He was a slim guy, but I think the owner is a bigger guy from Miami.

I think I saw the same two guys in the checkout line of the same store. They were both wearing black (I think) T-shirts with the name of a restaurant that I think was the same place. They were also buying large quantities of something which I got the impression was for the restaurant. I asked them something that I seem to recall being mac-n-cheese related.  This was probably a good year or more ago. 

• Like 1