Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

agree with codypet - Its even worse with kids.  Mine are old enough that i dont usually pick them up but its insane in a CFA parking lot so i do.  Odds are good that the crosswalks are blocked by cars in the queue and sometimes theres an employee outside taking an order in the crosswalk.  Then when leaving you end up rewarded with sitting in the extended drive through queue until you reach the exit.  

Not necessarily a perfect solution within the footprint they have. 

More often than not, if I can get into the parking lot with all the drive through cars blocking the entrances (thanks in part to the way CFA has the pilons wrapped around the building), I'll have a hard time backing out to leave because someone will block my car while I'm in there eating.  

38 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

You heard it here first.  Orange and Michigan is a pedestrian heaven.  Please give our NID money to someone who needs it :)

I am just pleased there are so many places with chicken sammiches not as boring as CFA’s. They do still have awesome sweet tea, though.

On 6/12/2022 at 10:42 PM, Jernigan said:

Pollo Campero to take over where Five Guys is and re-establish the drive through.

Photo is not from the proposed Orlando location.

DAF95184-8727-4C51-B31E-4A1C7771EC7F.jpeg

I still miss my Schlotzsky's....

Just now, eq1974 said:

I still miss my Schlotzsky's....

I guess some people can’t let go!

A38F0CF4-1BD0-47E9-8A23-799FAE709E57.png

On 6/16/2022 at 3:07 PM, spenser1058 said:

Let’s stop in at SoDough Square with Scott J:

https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/reviews/67-pizza/6085-sodough-square

I went Memorial Day weekend.  I highly recommend it. I'm not sure if they finished their soft opening, which they were only doing a hundred pizzas a day and only doing four slice pizzas. And it's expensive as Scott mentioned ($15 for 4 slices). But it was super good.  I intended on only eating one piece and then putting the rest in the fridge, but then I ate the entire thing because it was so good.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2022 at 3:07 PM, spenser1058 said:

Let’s stop in at SoDough Square with Scott J:

https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/reviews/67-pizza/6085-sodough-square

10 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

I went Memorial Day weekend.  I highly recommend it. I'm not sure if they finished their soft opening, which they were only doing a hundred pizzas a day and only doing four slice pizzas. And it's expensive as Scott mentioned ($15 for 4 slices). But it was super good.  I intended on only eating one piece and then putting the rest in the fridge, but then I ate the entire thing because it was so good.

I first heard about Detroit style pizza while watching an episode of Cook's Country on PBS (WUCF Create). They gave a little background on where and how it came to be. Seems the baking pans were obtained by the restaurant that introduced it, from the same company that supplied the auto industry with nuts and bolts pans, which are what give the pizza its distinctive crust.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in making their own Detroit style pizza at home, this is the Cook's Country episode I was talking about....

• Like 4

On 5/21/2022 at 11:30 PM, Jernigan said:

Nothing wrong with sharing the rumor now…

And the answer is- Pizza.

Johnny from Anthony's in TP and Mark and John from Cavo's also in TP are opening a new pizza joint. Details not released yet, but my bet is on "grandma" style.

• Like 1