Spris closes

Luca Brasi

I had said just the other day that the restaurant on Constitution Plaza had one foot out the door. I didn't expect it to be this fast. After an 8-9 year run, Spris closed yesterday after serving lunch. They were doomed by the Plaza's daytime only traffic. Spris did a great lunch business but dinner and weekends were kind of out of sight out of mind.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the plug has been pulled on Constitution Plaza this year. It's life support has ended.

holy crap I agree with Mikel

With spris out of the way (not that i wanted to see it go), I have hopes for the hotel and spris footprint being somehow redeveloped some day sooner. spris was very nice and gorgeous inside, but that whole train wreck(the plaza) needs some changes, and I hope the AI tech center is the first. I hope some kind of residential is next, and that hotel is the place for it, but the hotel footprint was too skinny and spris was kind of in the way. so I just hope there is room for some nice sized dorms/apartments there

The Owners of this place were a CEO and EVP of a windsor based company (parent company is actually Italian but Windsor is the US HQ). I would like to think they would look into moving the rest to a more visable part of the city but I would guess they do not have the time/desire to do so seeing as the rest was always a secondary job.

I think that a lounge would work better in that location. It is very nice on the inside and could make a pretty decent lounge. At least then there would be less pressure to have it full of diners for dinner hours and it would be just a matter of promoting it on club nights. I think in the summer if they had a lounge on the plaza it could be pretty cool if they could brig back those big outdoor parties they were doing out there a year or so ago.

Archived