Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nashville_bound

15 Story Hotel Built in 6 Days - Freaking Amazing

5 posts in this topic

Crazy Awesome!

Less than 2 days to build and finished in 6 days.

Six days. That's how long it took to build this level 9 Earthquake-resistant, sound-proofed, thermal-insulated 15-story hotel in Changsha, complete with everything, from the cabling to three-pane windows. The foundations were already built, but it's just impressive.

The wonders of prefabricated construction modules and modern construction techniques will never cease to amaze me. I just can't understand why every single building is not pre-made in factories first, for optimal energy, material and time savings, not to talk about a more efficient and cheaper end result and, in the case of the Ark Hotel, only 1% construction waste.

It mat not be the prettiest building but it is on par (if not better) that most of West End.

By comparison this took over 2 years to build.... even with the site prep work the efficiencies are startling....

Nice Find Todd! Amazing! It took 2 1/2 years to build the 13 story Suntrust Plaza. I do wonder how long this building will last compared to a poured concrete structure however.

BR86