Hartfords Prospects

The Voice of Reason

I have been slowly inspired to write this post about everything happening in Hartford right now and some of the things that have happened over the last few years.

so, the last 2 years have been very rough for America, and development has screeched to a hault virtually everywhere.

we are not yet out of the murk and gloom, but I think we can all see that there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

on the corporate landscape Hartford, so far has actually not done too bad.

Stanley bought black and decker, NU is buying Nstar, ING looks to be heading toward an IPO that could make Windsor the HQ of a 20 billion insurance company.

so far, there have been no massive losses. sure tons of jobs and many small businesses and in general nothing good, but at least The Hartford was not bought by Allianz or anything. New Alliance being bought should have no affect on Hartford jobs, and healthnet also hurth NH more than Hartford.

Development wise, the commuter rail seems to be moving forward. for whatever reason, so does the busway :(

H-21 has some tenants,

so does Front Street.

AI Engineers might build ann office building at broadcast house

some developer might put housing into the Clarion

there was a story about developing the Hilton Lot

butt ugly is gone

Capital West is next

Public safety complex is moving along

film studios are being build in S Windsor area.

I-84 MIGHT actually be built correctly

Colt has a new tenant and owner and might make some progress again

The Colonials now exist

The Whale is kinda back

There will be an ice rink in the park

and there is sooo much more, ill have to add more

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived