airport body scans and pat downs

cityboi

Personally this doesn't effect me because i'm afraid to fly. I've never been on a plane. I do think they are taking this too far though. The body scans are very invasive and they do reveal your body parts. You are virtually naked. Even though the person doing the scan doesn't know who you are, that would really bother me. Another problem with the body scan is radiation exposure. Since it is an x-ray machine, travelers who fly frequently could end up getting cancer. Thats what happens when you have too many x-rays in short period of time. That has been proven. That health danger alone should be a reason to eliminate them. In the future we might be seeing a lot of people suing the government because they got cancer from body scans.

The pat downs are extremely invasive and as the guy on youtube said, I don't want anybody touching my junk. Its sad because our rights are being taken a way from us in the name of national security.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's lots of talk about those who are dead set against the pat dows. How soon before we discover this underground fetish going on of travelers getting turned on by getting hand searched?

Its also a cover for child molesters. Just today a shirtless little boy had a pat down. Its pretty invasive. If you are a woman imagine some one feeling all over your breasts and if your are a male, hand contact in the groin. I can't believe it has come to this. Next thing you know they will have body cavity searches for some people. You cant get more invasive than that. If you choose a pat down its easy to hide something in a body cavity. I see its headed this way. One woman was already stripped searched in a private room.

It's ridiculous that we have to subject ourselves to such just to travel somewhere. I actually don't have a problem at all with the new body scanners, but the invasive pat downs I do have an issue with.

There are problems with both. The pat downs are invasive but also there hasn't been much study about exposure to radiation from the scanners. People who fly frequently may have a higher risk of getting cancer because of the scanners. As I stated before, once terrorists get around these measures, things are going to get a little more invasive.

The way it is going now, this is rapidly turning into a political issue as Americans get increasingly angry over this. I have no doubt that the holiday rush will result in yet more youtube videos and rage from Americans. Two congressman, one from each side of the aisle, have spoken out so far on this, stating that the TSA may have "crossed the line" with this. It will be interesting to see what effect this has on lawmakers going forward. There has also been people afraid that they will get patted down by a gay person who take pleasure in touching them. I also have a hard time believing that this level of search is really needed. You are never going to make things 100% safe, so that begs the question of whether this is being of any benefit at all. Next thing you know, terrorists will just swallow the explosive device and detonate themselves with a cell phone. How are you going to stop that? Really, the terrorists have won on this battle on the basis that they made governments spend countless amounts of money and are slowly bankrupting us.

I will sum it up with a quote from Ben Franklin..."Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

The way it is going now, this is rapidly turning into a political issue as Americans get increasingly angry over this. I have no doubt that the holiday rush will result in yet more youtube videos and rage from Americans. Two congressman, one from each side of the aisle, have spoken out so far on this, stating that the TSA may have "crossed the line" with this. It will be interesting to see what effect this has on lawmakers going forward. There has also been people afraid that they will get patted down by a gay person who take pleasure in touching them. I also have a hard time believing that this level of search is really needed. You are never going to make things 100% safe, so that begs the question of whether this is being of any benefit at all. Next thing you know, terrorists will just swallow the explosive device and detonate themselves with a cell phone. How are you going to stop that? Really, the terrorists have won on this battle on the basis that they made governments spend countless amounts of money and are slowly bankrupting us.

I will sum it up with a quote from Ben Franklin..."Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

All terrorist will do is use the same methods prisoners use to bring drugs and other contraband into prison. If someone hides something up their peppermint and chooses the pat down, they are going to get through without getting caught. Thats why I said once a terrorist does that, its going to lead to body cavity searches in some cases. Over time all this could hurt the airline industry.

I do not like to fly, but I have absolutely no objection to anything being done to make my flights safe. They can frisk me all they want and even give it a yank it neccessary. Last Summer on a trip to Europe, a TSA employee at Charlotte stole all of my wifes prescription medication when going throught the security check. The bottles were not taken, just the contents. The only thing that scares me is that these same individuals are the ones with whom we are trusting to ensure our safety. I feel that if people don't want to go through extreme means to be same, they should ride buses, trains, or drive.

I think that gays checking me is fine. At least they know where things are and won't have a problem finding possible hiding places on suspected terrorists. This comment is supposed to be cute and not insulting. Seriously, I could care less who checks me just so they wear gloves (furry ones would be nice). Again, cute.

Archived