A stroll Through Downtown

HartfordHope

I needed to get some Tickets to this Saturday's CT Whale Game and so I went for a quick Stroll to the Civic Cent box office (only 1 Block Away... I Work in SHS). On the way there I was surprised (and extremely happy) to find that there is now a Whalers Store on Pratt St!. From what the girl working said the metro alliance is partnered with the CT Whale. They said that they are also getting Colonials gear and a shipment of vintage Whalers merchanise in soon. They already had a good selection of shirts. hats, stickers, mugs etc.

After my stop there I got my tickets (actually had to wait inline for others to buy Whale tickets too which was also exciting) and decided I would continue my walk so I went to check out Al's deli. Looks like he sells meats and bread which alone is big. I never remember to make lunch so now there is a place where Ican buy the stuff to make lunch at work rather then spend $20 / day going out (I always try to buy a cheap lunch but end up getting a sit down lunch). After a quick stop back at SHS I walked down past the Wadsworth and for the first time could really notice the new improvements. I continued my journey a little further to discover actual people working at Front St! Looks like the Movie Theatre construction must be starting this week.

All in all it was a good walk.

On a bad note I did read on the Whaler blogs that the reason this store is not in the XL Center is becuase Baldwin and Northland couldn't agree on the rent. Additionally it looks like the sports bar is a no-go for the same reason. Hopefully the Bar will move somewhere on Pratt too.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I needed to get some Tickets to this Saturday's CT Whale Game and so I went for a quick Stroll to the Civic Cent box office (only 1 Block Away... I Work in SHS). On the way there I was surprised (and extremely happy) to find that there is now a Whalers Store on Pratt St!. From what the girl working said the metro alliance is partnered with the CT Whale. They said that they are getting Colonials gear and a shipment of vintage Whalers merchanise in soon. They already had a good selection of shirts. hats, stickers, mugs etc.

After my stop there I got my tickets (actually had to wait inline for others to buy Whale ticketys too which was also exciting) and decided I would continue my walk so I went to check out Al's deli. Looks like he sells meats and bread which alone is big. I never remember to make lunch so now there is a place where Ican buy the stuff to make lunch at work rather then spend $20 / day going out (I always try to buy a cheap lunch but end up getting a sit down lunch). After a quick stop back at SHS I walked down past the Wadsworth and for the first time could really notice the new improvements. I continued my journey a little further to discover actual people working at Front St! Looks like the Movie Theatre construction must be starting this week.

All in all it was a good walk.

On a bad note I did read on the Whaler blogs that the reason this store is not in the XL Center is becuase Baldwin and Northland couldn't agree on the rent. Additionally it looks like tha sports bar is a no-go for the same reason. Hopefully the Bar will move somewhere on Pratt too.

There are definitely some encouraging things going on now. Cinema Grill really could be a pretty big deal and getting a new Whalers store is just plain fantastic. I'm really hoping that people support the Whale like crazy. I really want to go to that first game but I have to make sure I'll be in town.

Archived