Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jernigan

Semoran Blvd Visioning Plan

9 posts in this topic

I stumbled upon this interesting plan through the City of Orlando's website. There is a short write-up and a series of links.

I thought the planning principals were all good, but once it got to the potential application of those principals, there were some big question marks.

Semoran Blvd. Project

Semoran-GranPan-strip-0.gif

Continuing the Semoran gateway makeover:

MPB Agenda shows a retail shopping center (featuring Target), restaurants & movie theater planned for the Lee Vista/S Semoran area near the airport.

Continuing the Semoran gateway makeover:

MPB Agenda shows a retail shopping center (featuring Target), restaurants & movie theater planned for the Lee Vista/S Semoran area near the airport.

I'm glad they're building something, but doesn't it seem like they're going against everything the "vision plan" was hoping to achieve? I mean, are parking garages (or SoDo-style Target parking) that challenging? I do like the look of the proposed buildings, though.

parkinglots.png

Challenging, no. Expensive, yes.

The work started on that project a few years ago and it was shelved due to the economy.

So there has been a lot of work going on so far in 2013 from Curry Ford to Colonial.

Replacement of wooden light posts with cement ones and a lot of sidewalk widening. 

They have been tearing up and replacing some medians but I'm not sure what the finished product will look like on those.  Right now it's just dirt wrapped in cement curbing (technical terms...).

This area has a LOT of people who bike and walk.  I hope they are able to get more bus shelters also as there are also plenty of people who are standing out waiting for Link 41 or Link 28 at any given time.