Awesome Night for the City

HartfordHope

Last night (11/27) was one of the best nights for Hartford in a while. Between the Whale opener, the spillover from the sell out Uconn game at the Rent, and "A Christmas Carol" at Hartford Stage the city was hopping. The vibe in the city saturday evening was amazing! Restaraunts, bars, streets were all full! I went to City Steam where they had 3 bartenders on at 5pm and from what I can tell most Bars in the city had the same thing going on. The Whale game was awesome... it was great to see 13k+ cheering for Hartford hockey. Both before and after the game the streets were full and full of people who were excited to be in Hartford!

I know that the remaing Whale games probably won't match the excitement from last night but I hope they can atleast come close. I also think alot of people who don't normally come downtown had such a great time that they will likely be back. Nights like last night are what Hartford needs! Hartford was really really fun.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love nights like that!

unfortunately they are not as frequent as any of us would like.

I do have to say though that there are quite a few more than there used to be.

some Hartford events have grown to a level that they make a big difference on the downtown feel. if those co-incide with a game or a show at the CC, the city is downright lively.

lets hope the whale draw clost to 10,000 for most games adding even more to the frequency of "good nights" in Hartford

The whale drew closer to 3,000 for the second game. It's still AHL hockey.

For all the teeth knashing about the Bushell Park tree lighting, the pictures in the Courant look pretty nice.

I expected a "hangover" attendance game after the Sat game. and Sunday is a tough day to get people out for hockey

We will see how attendace overall ends up. I am certainly optomistic.

I saw the festival of lights only draws 3-5k people every year.

Whats interesting is that in terms of Hartford events, thats not even one of the "big ones"

Hartford marathon brings something like 25-30k

Heck, Pipes in the Valley has grown so much i bet it draws well more than the lights. I hope the city can continue to develop and nurture events like this.

Archived