Medical marijuana

Charlotteman

This last election cycle just featured Arizona voting in favor of medical marijuana. That makes 15 states that have recognized the beneficial, medicinal properties of marijuana.

Nothing besides opiates is as effective a pain reliever. And we all know how addictive opiates are. Marijuana has no physically addictive qualities (although almost everyone agrees it has the potential for psychological addiction)

If you're in chronic pain, and your life is s**t, which would you rather take: an addictive opiate (oxycontin, vicodin, percoset etc) or a natural herb (marijuana)?

15 states have determined pot is a good candidate for pain relief. California was the first in 1996.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is that North Carolina would be among the last states in the country to make it legal just for medical purposes and its even more difficult now that republicans have taken over the state house and senate for the first time in over 120 years. As far as recreational use, not in my lifetime. California is the most liberal state in the country where they are open to just about anything yet Californians voted against making marijuana legal for recreational use so we can forget about seeing that in North Carolina for many many decades. LOL look what we had to go through to get a state lottery. I think North Carolina was the last state east of the Mississippi River to get a state lottery and the state government was run by democrats.

Archived