Scaleybark Station Area Projects

kermit

Don't worry, Raleigh has ya'lls back. Read this today on the news and finally Raleigh got something right:

North Carolina Overturns Curvy Street-Discrimination Bans

After Charlotte passed a city ordinance allowing more curvy streets, Republicans in the state legislature swung into action saying only straight streets were allowed in North Carolina.

“It is instead about a frenzy over roads that aren't straight that the mayor and her allies on City Council have whipped up,” Rep. Bishop told the Charlotte Disturber newspaper. “I think she might consider that she stop the attack on straight roads and reconsider allowing any curvy roads ever again.”

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

In this article on homebrewing, Daniel says Alternative Beverage (homebrew supply store) is moving to 3911 South Blvd....right by Scaleybark.  They were on the other side of South for many years before moving out, as Scaleybark development started just before the recession.  They've been down South Blvd at the Sleepy Poet Antique Mall since then.

http://www.charlottefive.com/homebrewing/

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty cool proposal for some old industrial buildings by OMB/Sugar Creek.  Wonder if this would be a good development for Southern Tier/Victory to be the anchor.  Either way between the breweries/distilleries, eventual social house and now this redevelopment; this area is becoming something special.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article76964057.html?utm_content=bufferb11e2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Edited by SouthEndCLT811
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Pretty cool proposal for some old industrial buildings by OMB/Sugar Creek.  Wonder if this would be a good development for Southern Tier/Victory to be the anchor.  Either way between the breweries/distilleries, eventual social house and now this redevelopment; this area is becoming something special.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article76964057.html?utm_content=bufferb11e2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I thought the same thing, but I think the buildings would be too small for Southern Tier/Victory. I wonder why we haven't heard anymore about that lately.

36 minutes ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Yeah granted Liberty Station in San Diego is HUUUUUGE my mind went to the Stone Brewery located there.  From the outside it doesn't look like much but a beautiful bar/outdoor area.

IMG_1208.JPG

Yea but Stone's actual brewing facility in Escondido is massive.

Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 3.07.36 PM.png

Hello Urban Planeters.  I thought I'd check in and see if any of you "in the know" folks have heard anything about the Crosland property on the northeast side of Scaleybark and South.  Almost a year ago I read about the owner (or Pulte) looking at townhomes there but nothing since.  I live in Colonial Village and I've always been amazed at how little happens at that property.  Seems like a homerun waiting to happen.  Is there anything behind the scenes going on?

45 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Hello Urban Planeters.  I thought I'd check in and see if any of you "in the know" folks have heard anything about the Crosland property on the northeast side of Scaleybark and South.  Almost a year ago I read about the owner (or Pulte) looking at townhomes there but nothing since.  I live in Colonial Village and I've always been amazed at how little happens at that property.  Seems like a homerun waiting to happen.  Is there anything behind the scenes going on?

Hey neighbor!  I too live in the area off Scaleybark.  I know recently this strip mall linked below sold for I think $3.5M to get updated and bring in more SouthEnd like clientele.  I think technically that's on Crosland owned property because wasn't that proposal all the way up to Hartford?  Other than that, not much news on this side of the tracks.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.1926869,-80.8737419,3a,60y,116.37h,87.27t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1szV4VIuBJl3w_B3QDVfAsnA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

27 minutes ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Hey neighbor!  I too live in the area off Scaleybark.  I know recently this strip mall linked below sold for I think $3.5M to get updated and bring in more SouthEnd like clientele.  I think technically that's on Crosland owned property because wasn't that proposal all the way up to Hartford?  Other than that, not much news on this side of the tracks.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.1926869,-80.8737419,3a,60y,116.37h,87.27t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1szV4VIuBJl3w_B3QDVfAsnA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Thanks 811.  I think the Pulte opportunity did not include those shops:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article22612095.html

14 minutes ago, Prodev said:

Last I had heard, which was a few months back, Pulte had fallen out of contract to purchase the TH land but they were still trying to make something happen. 

Thanks Prodev.  Amazing.  Not sure why no one can get any traction there.  

• 2 weeks later...

I had seen this pop up on accela a few months back and figured it was just another boring crossfit gym. It's right next to red clay and it will house several fitness concepts on multiple floors.

"It also will feature a lounge space complete with a pop-up coffee shop. A second-floor mezzanine will provide space for complementary services such as physical or massage therapists. "

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2016/05/26/this-concept-will-put-focus-on-fitness-in-south.html

This quote made me lol:  “I wanted to be like the Common Market is to beer and sandwiches, but of fitness and changing people’s lives”

urban-mvmnt-750xx2458-1383-0-42.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sidewalks and curb/gutter are almost done and the bulb outs are starting to be formed for the street calming project on Scaleybark. Looks like they are starting the medians soon. 1abfe318971517f2fd8e7fd09fb5a8e9.jpg713109d1bfa1962e768196eecefbd924.jpg14314ec24bf8d41ef02724c2b4f751f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by AP3
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...