Scaleybark Station Area Projects

kermit

13 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

now just throw some sidewalks in that beotch! 

They should make this a one way street from Old Pineville to Yancey, and put big sidewalks/parallel parking. 

Fortunately they've done some sidewalk work alongside the exterior of the beer garden at OMB and around Queen Park Social.  Definitely needs to keep going to connect to Old Pineville though.

^ key passage from the article:

"Levell said White Point is pursuing other adaptive-reuse opportunities around town and expects to have a few other project announcements before the close of the year." 

Anyone care to prognosticate?

White Point may have become my favorite new developer (pending decent execution of their two current projects)

2 minutes ago, kermit said:

"Levell said White Point is pursuing other adaptive-reuse opportunities around town and expects to have a few other project announcements before the close of the year." 

White Point may have become my favorite new developer (pending decent execution of their two current projects)

They may have something on Tryon in the works. Not to mention yes, leasing is doing very well out Bowers 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kermit said:

They are rezoning the Lighting Showroom on Catherine and S. Tryon. For what I don't know.

• 4 weeks later...

A new entry for the townhomes on Hollis, part of the old Crossland Greens project have shown up on accela. 

Pulte Scaleybark Station
Proposed 146 unit townhome development on Parcels A,B,C,D,F,G,&I of the Crosland Greens TOD. Majority zoned TOD-R with two parcels of TOD-M. Improvements to existing public roads and construction of new public roads and private alleys. Proposed PCCO Mitigation via channel protection and buydown. Parcel List: 14905444 - 14905435, 14905304, 14905211 - 14905201, 10405114 - 14905111, 14908602

Edited by hambone931

Not sure if this is considered scaleybark or sedgefield.  Does anybody what is going to be built on Belton St off s blvd?  Somebody bought 12-18 duplexes and has torn them all down.  I imagine townhomes. Curious how many if that's the case. 

Looks like there are 2 owners holding out on selling and they are smack in the middle. That street looked like a bomb went off when all the tenants lived on that street. Glad to see them go. 

^ from upthread

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2016/11/21/infill-developer-eyes-south-end-residential-street.html

On 11/22/2016 at 1:40 PM, atlrvr said:

Keep in mind that these are all oversized lots, and current in-place zoning will allow for 2 single-family homes per existing lot, so on a lot-basis equivalent, this is more like $125k per parcel.....this allows for homes to be priced in the $450k-$550k range, which is a substantial discount to the new construction going up on Melbourne just 1 street north.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

http://www.charlottefive.com/loso-pedestrian/

I wanted to put this here and see what you guys think.

By the way, I absolutely HATE having my name associated with the name LoSo, super unhappy that the title of this article ended up including LoSo in it.

When I read this the other day, I almost considered coming on here and flaming you for it.  LoSo is the worst.  I assumed it wasn't your choice.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ah59396 said:

When I read this the other day, I almost considered coming on here and flaming you for it.  LoSo is the worst.  I assumed it wasn't your choice.

beyond the LoSo Business. What would you guys like to see in the areas around the Breweries, Distilleries, Social Club, and soon to be new bbq brew-pub ;-) 

15 minutes ago, ah59396 said:

Out of all the dumb things they've come up with in Charlotte, LoSo is at the top of the list for me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

beyond the LoSo Business. What would you guys like to see in the areas around the Breweries, Distilleries, Social Club, and soon to be new bbq brew-pub ;-) 

A big billboard: "LoSo is a f*^kin stupid name" with a picture of Ted in his Cam Newton romper. 

Oh, and something like the Source in Denver (complete with Crooked Stave tasting room).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HopHead said:

Out of all the dumb things they've come up with in Charlotte, LoSo is at the top of the list for me. 

Way better than MoRa, lol.

1 minute ago, dylansukkert said:

Wouldn't mind a dive bar kind of place for after the breweries close.

Apparently a Cookout is going somewhere on Old Pineville Rd, near this area....Haven't scoped out Accela yet.

22 minutes ago, AP3 said:

Way better than MoRa, lol.

Apparently a Cookout is going somewhere on Old Pineville Rd, near this area....Haven't scoped out Accela yet.

Its going on South Tryon, on the corner of Jeremiah. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 4.21.52 PM.png

3 hours ago, ah59396 said:

Well, besides a new name...

Lighting, should be a top priority.  You do a great job addressing the crappy ped. infrastructure, but it's an even greater mess in the evenings.  Parking is a problem too.  I know we all want it to be walkable and blah blah, but it's a driving destination for sure.  This is Charlotte, so it'll have to accommodate vehicles.  And I say that as someone who walks or rides my bike religiously.

If the city really wanted to wow me, first they'd make the walk from from Scaleybark less "murdery" feeling at night by really beefing up lighting (make it cool) on the walk.  I'd probably have them gut out Yancey and Southside and re-do them with parking a-la Commonwealth in P-Midwood.

From there, I'd also love if the city threw up some park space over there.  Do something similar to what they've got at Symphony Park down in Southpark.  I'd love to drink a beer and listen to some cello on the lawn.  And while we are at it, would it kill the city to designate it a "special area" or something and allow you wander around with open containers?  Say you do plop a little symphony park at the corner of Yancey and Southside there.  Let people BYOB or be able to buy from all our LOCAL! brewers and take a plastic cup out there or growler.  Jam out to some tunes, then walk back to Scaleybark under a well lit path of wide sidewalks.

Oh and put a big board out there that tells you when the next train is arriving at Scaleybark, so you know when to skidaddle from OMB.

The other thing is getting out of the area. The quickest way is down Yancy. It would do a huge disservice to the Scaleybark residents to forced on Woodlawn to get to 77 or Billy Graham. Going up to Clanton and waiting to turn left is only for those who don't have time restrictions...

But, I agree with everythingyou said. I'd love for the area to be more "friendly" once the Sun goes down. As of now, it's walk at your own *risk.

• Like 1