Scaleybark Station Area Projects

kermit

Interesting...Northwestern Mutual Site is now listed as the Crosland Greens site.  Makes since, as Northwood Ravin took over most of Crosland's development sites, and Northwestern Mutual is the equity partner on most of their new apartment developments (but not their corporate source of capital) which makes me think development may be getting close for that site.

2 hours ago, hambone931 said:

I pulled this from the South Village brochure on the Pappas website. If some of those buildings on the east side of Old Pineville get re-developed like this image suggests, it will help with the 'murdery' feeling.  

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 8.28.15 AM.png

I wonder if Pure Body's 17k sq foot plans has done anything to thwart the LA Fitness 32k sq ft anchor Pappas had secured.

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I wonder if Pure Body's 17k sq foot plans has done anything to thwart the LA Fitness 32k sq ft anchor Pappas had secured.

I didn't know he secured an LA Fitness - when was that done?

On 4/20/2017 at 10:49 AM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Actually I take that back. The latest siteplan no longer reflects an anchor retail spot. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 10.48.25 AM.png

Looking at this plan, they should get rid of the verticle parking in the street and replace it with parallel parking.

• Like 3

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 1:52 PM, norm21499 said:

Looking at this plan, they should get rid of the verticle parking in the street and replace it with parallel parking.

Nah, those are very short side streets.  The low speeds those streets will see will make perpendicular or angled parking ok.   Since those are basically alleys and they are providing sidewalks it won't make the area hostile to pedestrians, nor are they likely to be highly visited by bicyclist. Basically that is an appropriate use of various parking strategies to meet development goals.  Heck angled parking on Whitton and the new street north of Whitton, instead of the parallel parking there would have been appropriate.  The least appropriate interior street for angled parking would be the Tryclan extension, and even there it would work.  The only argument against having angled or perpendicular on those three (Whitton, Tryclan extension and the new street between them) would be that they make bicycle access a bit less safe, but only by a small amount considering the very small volume of bike riders the city has.

*on a side note I wish I were a townhouse developer, net zero energy townhouses are totally doable there.  There is even a good possibility of the other residential units being capable of being net zero. 

Edited by DEnd

On 4/20/2017 at 11:53 AM, tarhoosier said:

Offices (?) at Scaleybark (Crosland) location

IMG_0211.JPG

I wonder if and when the Crosland office park thingy gets redeveloped. There was talk before the recession, but I haven't heard much since. Matter of fact, I spoke with a guy handling the leasing where Brown Dog is now about a year or so ago and he said that parcel was going to be redeveloped into a multi-tenant commercial structure. Anyone have insight? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/92190/south-end-sushi-lovers-get-excited-chipotle-style-poke-restaurant-opening-south-boulevard-fall/

The new owner of this shopping center has done a nice job upgrading the center and the façade.  The entire center is now vacant (I assume the landlord bought out the leases), and there are now coming soon signs for Anytime Fitness and Hungry Howies, and now the new Poke Bowl restaurant. 

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/92190/south-end-sushi-lovers-get-excited-chipotle-style-poke-restaurant-opening-south-boulevard-fall/
The new owner of this shopping center has done a nice job upgrading the center and the façade.  The entire center is now vacant (I assume the landlord bought out the leases), and there are now coming soon signs for Anytime Fitness and Hungry Howies, and now the new Poke Bowl restaurant. 

2a5956f2b019fe97ec26555a4132a5fd.jpg85ed1bb48a4c0ae8a057669bd24d4ece.jpg45c3e2dd7be080496737b09eca0511b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, AP3 said:

Pre-submittal filed in May for 'South Village 2'.  Hoping this is a retail component to accompany the townhomes in 'South Village.' 

6-22-2017 3-14-48 PM.png

It is indeed the retail.