Scaleybark Station Area Projects

kermit

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:00 PM, KJHburg said:

Technically yes but the top execs are all based here it is a sensitive matter for Krispy Kreme as Winston is their birthplace.  But when all your top people sit in one town now in one office  you have to say it is the headquarters whether they announce it or not.  Lowes did a similar thing with their headquarters move to Mooresville from North Wilkesboro.  It took a while but then they started calling Mooresville their HQ. 

Originally, I had it in my head that KK had like a 300K sf HQ in Winston and a 40K sf office in Charlotte, but it looks like the split is only 90K / 40K, so your point is taken.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ryan20 said:

Is Lidl still sitting on the large piece of land on South BLVD? any chance of that being sold an redeveloped?

Despite several reports saying that Lidl was pulling the plug on its US expansion they recently resumed hiring professional staff to acquire additional property and (I assume) resume their buildout. So we may actually see something here eventually. There are state funds available to remediate the site, but I don't know if Lidl has applied for them.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, kermit said:

Despite several reports saying that Lidl was pulling the plug on its US expansion they recently resumed hiring professional staff to acquire additional property and (I assume) resume their buildout. So we may actually see something here eventually. There are state funds available to remediate the site, but I don't know if Lidl has applied for them.

Personally, I love their stores.  I hope this gets built.

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2018 at 5:09 PM, kermit said:

Turns out I may have misinterpreted Lidl's recent shifts in market strategy. It appears they are no embracing an acquisition (rather than build-out) strategy for their expansion. While Lidl still owns this site they might be shopping it.

https://www.supermarketnews.com/retail-financial/lidl-us-acquire-best-market

Having said that, I am not sure who Lidl might purchase in our area. Ingles might be a good fit. Food Lion would also be a decent match, but I suspect they are too big.

• 1 month later...

I’ve heard from a few different people now that the Scaleybark Library/ Crosland Green Shopping Center (MW corner of Scaleybark and South), is going to be redeveloped. There have been plans here forever (from BB+M) but it’s been stalled. Are there new plans to start this project up soon? 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, VTinCV said:

I’ve heard from a few different people now that the Scaleybark Library/ Crosland Green Shopping Center (MW corner of Scaleybark and South), is going to be redeveloped. There have been plans here forever (from BB+M) but it’s been stalled. Are there new plans to start this project up soon? 

From what I've heard, they are moving it down South into the Community Blood Center Building after they remodel the building.  It should give them about double the space they have now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

will the black be brick or stucco? or something else. Hope it works out or has a pop of color because it looks a little depressing on that one side to the far left. Either way. It will add nice height to welcome people from the South side into SouthEnd 

Edited by j-man
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, UrbanCharlotte said:

Yeah I'm ok with the clone of that project. It looks  a little like it belongs outside of BB&T Stadium, but its nice.

Edited by CarolinaDaydreamin