Scaleybark Station Area Projects

kermit

Was looking at google maps aerial view of scaleybark yesterday after driving through. I think there is so much potential for this area as southend tries to stretch lower and lower. For those that have been in Charlotte for a while, how long does it usually take for an area like this to go from industrial to residential/developed? Is this massive project the catalyst for growth here?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Clemson16 said:

For those that have been in Charlotte for a while, how long does it usually take for an area like this to go from industrial to residential/developed? 

The Charlotte model is 20 years of abandonment followed by three years of explosive building.

Scaleybark has been  completely untouched (until the townhouses) since 2006

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think when these new LoSo office buildings take off you will see more apartments and growth moving further down the LYNX line.  It has always been somewhat incremental.  First areas in SouthEnd to be redeveloped were closest to Dilworth and South Blvd now the area is stretched much further towards S Tryon.  Same thing is happening in BLE towards NoDa.  Here you have growth right along the LYNX line north from uptown and south from NoDa 36th St station.    Many developers don't have the appetite to be pioneers but those who do make big money.  

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Clemson16 said:

Was looking at google maps aerial view of scaleybark yesterday after driving through. I think there is so much potential for this area as southend tries to stretch lower and lower. For those that have been in Charlotte for a while, how long does it usually take for an area like this to go from industrial to residential/developed? Is this massive project the catalyst for growth here?

speaking that Pollack Shores is planning a big 350 unit apartment building on Cama St, I think its already starting to happen

On 2/22/2019 at 10:37 AM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

speaking that Pollack Shores is planning a big 350 unit apartment building on Cama St, I think its already starting to happen

Is there any more info about this project out there?  I’ve seen lots about their project on Tremont, but this is news to me. 

Is there any more info about this project out there?  I’ve seen lots about their project on Tremont, but this is news to me. 

None. I emailed the developer for a story

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2019 at 8:58 AM, kermit said:

Much to my surprise I spotted this on a bulletin board at UNCC today:

IMG_1182.JPG

The anti-gentrification movement in Charlotte may be getting legs:

image.png

image.png

Edited by kermit
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, bigacito said:

I drove by the Beacon Development at Scalybark Station last night and saw this:

Anybody know anything more about it?

LoSo Village.jpg

Beacon quietly bought the warehouses on Dewitt between Tryclan and Clanton for adaptive Reuse. Guess they've branded it.