Scaleybark Station Area Projects

kermit

I know we have talked about Belton Ave off South where they tore down a bunch of houses and duplexes. However I did not know it is Pulte that will be building townhomes there in addition to the site in Scaleybark station South Village site across Clanton from QT.  Pulte is really starting a lot of intown townhomes lately.

https://www.pulte.com/homes/north-carolina/the-charlotte-area/charlotte/belton-209931  Not much information here but confirmation by Pulte. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, tozmervo said:

Saw this on LinkedIn without any context, so I don't know if this is just a pretty picture or an actual development rendering. The only way I even connected it to Scaleybark was because one of the earth disks is in the bottom right corner. 

AAIA_wDGAAAAAQAAAAAAAA2AAAAAJDA2NThkZmUxLTMzMTEtNDhjNS05YWY3LWY3NDJmNTQzYjBkZg.jpg

https://www.pulte.com/homes/north-carolina/the-charlotte-area/charlotte/south-village-209932

You can find this rendering living on the Pulte site, so it seems legit.

Heres another one. Need to try to find a high resolution

23563776-170817.jpg

If this is correct, this represents a huge departure from the previous plan that was heavy on office. This seems light on office, heavy on residential and light on hotel.

Edited by Guest

I just noticed this MLS listing for SFH new construction on a lot smack dab in the middle of the old Crosland Greene project. Is this thing back on? I remember seeing posts from people in adjacent properties on nextdoor about being contacted by lawyers. D. R. Horton is listed as the builder. 

https://www.redfin.com/NC/Charlotte/6515-Sloan-St-28209/unit-9/home/143853924

EDIT: False alarm. It looks like the address is screwed up and putting in the wrong location. 

Edited by hambone931

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2017 at 4:12 PM, KJHburg said:

Townhomes not vertical yet at Scaleybark Station or South Village all the rough plumbing is in and slab pour for the 3 story townhomes is next.

Noticed that 3 (maybe 4) units are now fully framed. Its kinda weird looking since nothing else on site has moved above ground level yet.

EDIT: Oh, and Carvanna is going to give Scalybark a skyline, but perhaps not in a good way. (steel is up)

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2

Took a while but I finally got a high resolution of this sexy project. I think Scaleybark Station is a no brainer. I'm just bummed so much suburban development is still happening in the area. The Quicktrip and the Aldi are going to be real eye sores soon.

image.thumb.png.fe05d7a9cf0c0022ac31d41a51a153d5.png

Edited by Guest

Took a while but I finally got a high resolution of this sexy project. I think Scaleybark Station is a no brainer. I'm just bummed so much suburban development is still happening in the area. The Quicktrip and the Aldi are going to be real eye sores soon.
image.thumb.png.fe05d7a9cf0c0022ac31d41a51a153d5.png

Aldi? Do you mean Lidl? If so they have pulled out of the project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, AP3 said:

Aldi? Do you mean Lidl? If so they have pulled out of the project.

Lidl didn't pull out of that project. They did a soil reclamation and have to wait a year to see if they were successful.

Also didn't mean to say Aldi, meant to say Lidl before.

Edited by Guest

29 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Lidl didn't pull out of that project. They did a soil reclamation and have to wait a year to see if they were successful.

They have to wait a year? What the hell was in the soil?

Edited by tozmervo
UP did weird things

I heard from a credible source that they have stopped all projects that aren’t 80% complete. They took down the coming soon sign in south end too.

2 minutes ago, AP3 said:

I heard from a credible source that they have stopped all projects that aren’t 80% complete. They took down the coming soon sign in south end too.

I'd be happy with that. Shouldn't be a suburban grocery store, should be a mixed use building. 

42 minutes ago, AP3 said:

I read they stopped work on the Mooresville store too. What's happening?

Lidl is finding they are not as successful as they thought they would be. They got a bump for the first month where they have opened but many people went back to their old grocery stores.   In my opinion they are trying to open way too many stores in too big an area very quickly.   Our grocery environment in this state and region is very competitive.  This is not Western Europe.  This was all in a Wall St Journal article.  On this specific site in Southend not sure about the soil thing.  Just sounds like they are slow motioning many of their stores now. 

• Like 3

On 4/20/2017 at 9:16 AM, atlrvr said:

Interesting...Northwestern Mutual Site is now listed as the Crosland Greens site.  Makes since, as Northwood Ravin took over most of Crosland's development sites, and Northwestern Mutual is the equity partner on most of their new apartment developments (but not their corporate source of capital) which makes me think development may be getting close for that site.

Anyone heard anything more about the development of the Northwestern Mutual site?

• Like 1

Christ those townhomes look lonely as hell.  That carvana tower is sweet though.

This areas time has come. It’s a year or two from really hitting its stride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk