Scaleybark Station Area Projects

kermit

• 3 weeks later...

Drive by of the Carvana and yes it is really tall like the one I saw in Houston.  Plus some Pulte townhomes going up at Scaleybark Station. 1st photo:  And I did see some action at the little Lidl grocery store site.  Some kind of soil testing or maybe surveying? 

IMG_3567.JPG

IMG_3568.JPG

IMG_3569.JPG

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

South Village the Pappas project at the Scaleybark station has really changed. Gone is the almost 200K plus sq office and now it seems more apartments and a hotel possibly Hampton Inn.  Check out the site plan and summary here.  Maybe they could not get any office tenants interested or they are more interested in closer to uptown. 

http://pappasproperties.com/pdf/SouthVillagePkg.pdf

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KJHburg said:

South Village the Pappas project at the Scaleybark station has really changed. Gone is the almost 200K plus sq office and now it seems more apartments and a hotel possibly Hampton Inn.  Check out the site plan and summary here.  Maybe they could not get any office tenants interested or they are more interested in closer to uptown. 

On one of those South Village maps there's a large track (I think used to be Crosland) that's labeled "Northwestern Mutual Site" 

...?

9 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I may be wrong (most likely) but that brochure looks exclusive to Block B, the section that'd bridge the town homes to the office.  The shear size of the site plan on page 6 doesn't seem to align with both Block B & C.  Also the cover page has the development ending at the north side of the Scaleybark light rail stop which is currently where block B ends.

Edited by SouthEndCLT811

^ I think the detailing of the retail space is for just the block that the townhomes are being built.  But gone in this marketing package is the larger office building. Look at the buildings along South Blvd they look more 1-2 story as opposed to 5-6 story office buildings in the previous plans.   Looks like a hotel is apart of the plan for sure now.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

[this really belongs in a Sedgefield thread but I don't think we have one]

The Marsh Properties duplexes along Haveford are still fenced-in awaiting demolition (I don't think anything has happened there in 18 months). However I did notice today that nearly all of the duplexes along Berkshire running all the way to Lawndale are now vacant and appearances suggest all will be empty by next week.  I didn't investigate Ardmore or Elmhurst but it does appear that something big is afoot in Sedgefield.

• Like 1

[this really belongs in a Sedgefield thread but I don't think we have one]
The Marsh Properties duplexes along Haveford are still fenced-in awaiting demolition (I don't think anything has happened there in 18 months). However I did notice today that nearly all of the duplexes along Berkshire running all the way to Lawndale are now vacant and appearances suggest all will be empty by next week.  I didn't investigate Ardmore or Elmhurst but it does appear that something big is afoot in Sedgefield.

The proposed apartments on the parcel bound by Haverford, Poindexter, Berkshire, and Elmhurst are being slightly revised (they are doing a standalone parking deck now versus the previously approved podium parking).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

South Village aka Pappas Properties Scaleybark station mixed use project has changed again.  This is at least the 3rd plan I have seen.  Gone is 300,000 sq ft of office space, now only 75K.  about the same retail, a hotel which was on the 2nd plan.   It seems a little less ambitious now.  Here is the latest plan.  http://pappasproperties.com/pdf/SouthVillagePkg.pdf

• Like 2

On 3/17/2018 at 7:59 PM, KJHburg said:

South Village aka Pappas Properties Scaleybark station mixed use project has changed again.  This is at least the 3rd plan I have seen.  Gone is 300,000 sq ft of office space, now only 75K.  about the same retail, a hotel which was on the 2nd plan.   It seems a little less ambitious now.  Here is the latest plan.  http://pappasproperties.com/pdf/SouthVillagePkg.pdf

I don't think they have abandoned the original 300k, I think I determined with a friend that this document is only marketing Block B & C. based on the road placement in the rendering, it would only include block B&C. Block B was always supposed to include its own smaller office building separate from the rest.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...