Scaleybark Station Area Projects

kermit

something changed here maybe with the new Transit zoning I am seeing a much larger taller building and advertising up to 1 M sq ft of office space which was before 500K in total. Now they are advertising 1 M sq ft and this new building.   That building appears to be 20 stories and over 500K sq ft.   Interesting....
http://www.thriftcres.com/wp-content/uploads/LoSo-Station-Marketing-Flyer.pdf

This was just made to kick it around. If someone bites they bite, if not it’ll be more like the original proposal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

something changed here maybe with the new Transit zoning I am seeing a much larger taller building and advertising up to 1 M sq ft of office space which was before 500K in total. Now they are advertising 1 M sq ft and this new building.   That building appears to be 20 stories and over 500K sq ft.   Interesting....

75-85% chance this won’t happen

46 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

you are speaking of the 500K sq ft tower not the project as whole as that will happen.

Obviously the project as a whole will happen. It’s currently happening. I’m speaking of the project in the scale presented in that deck, will likely not happen. 

Edited by Jayvee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of my global informants informed me today that he noticed surveying on the back side of the Lidl site along South Blvd.   Is it possible they decided to cash out on this site moving towards a sale or are they  moving forward with a store?  anyone know my guess would be cashing out and concentrating on suburban locations or existing buildings like the now available Earthfare sites.    But who knows they probably could not afford a site anywhere near Southend now.   From Scaleybark to Shanghai I have you covered! 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

following up my local Scaleybark informant tells me that people were out taking photos of the Lidl site this week?   What is going on here getting ready for market to sell or what??? 

My local informant says the city has pushed Lidl pretty hard about their inaction. 

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

so Tyree what does that mean?  they are prepping to sell the land since they were seen surveying and photographing it?

Nobody ever said Lidl was dead, the company just said it was on hold. They still want a foot hold in one of the fastest growing submarkets in the Nation.

9 minutes ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Nobody ever said Lidl was dead, the company just said it was on hold. They still want a foot hold in one of the fastest growing submarkets in the Nation.

Lidl probably could not even afford or want to pay for that land in todays price and the neighborhood has gotten much better with more apartments and housing on its way. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Another tidbit about the Lidl site:

Lidl South Blvd.
Construction of a +/- 31,000 SF grocery store, associated parking and public road connecting South Blvd. and Weston Street. Project will also include a new signalized intersection along South Blvd. which will result in widening of south blvd. for a southbound left turn lane. Property is zoned TOD however based on vested rights project will be reviewed under past B-2 zoning standards.
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, hambone931 said:

Another tidbit about the Lidl site:

Property is zoned TOD however based on vested rights project will be reviewed under past B-2 zoning standards.

Seems like Lidl would benefit from designing the building around TOD rather than B-2. A stand alone grocery store would be leaving money on the table, wouldn’t it?

• Like 3

I’m surprised that no one has mentioned the Red Crane (Mobile) Towering over the Apartment Site near Scaleybark.  Been there a few days now...

I was tagged in photos of it on twitter asking me what it was for haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...