Scaleybark Station Area Projects

kermit

The library just moved so I had a sense that something was going to be coming soon. I wonder if the 3.7 acres is a type since the site is more like 37 acres or if it's just phase 1, which would be a likely 5-story deck wrapped apartment parcel like what's shown fronting South Blvd next to the Autozone. Overall, the programming looks similar to their Morningside deal plus the addition of the two office buildings at the Scaleybark corner. 

• Like 2

Scaleybark-blur.jpg&key=0a5eea6df37a923cc278475f1c2e5c761c3e948fd6010911125ac65e52879fd1Hmm when was  this announced when I was in Puerto Rico or down in the Lowcountry??   I don't recall this project at all.  when I went to the Northwood Ravin website to look for a rendering of the 500 West Trade found this. 
""The Scaleybark mixed-use project is 3.7 acres and consists of office, retail and apartments. Located perfectly in LoSo with easy access to the Scaleybark lightrail station and uptown Charlotte.""
https://nwrliving.com/portfolio/scaleybark/

Investigating. David Ravin has been tied to this in some capacity for well over a decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ yea, I remember discussing this project back in 2007 when the Blue Line  opened (IIRC Crossland was going to do it?). Back then, the design featured a Teeter-anchored mixed use building. We spilled a bunch of pixels arguing about the Teeter being too close to the East blvd and Park rd stores to work — the good-ole days...

Glad they plan to reconnect Whitton. 

Fingers crossed, would really like to see this.

Edited by kermit

13 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Scaleybark-blur.jpgHmm when was  this announced when I was in Puerto Rico or down in the Lowcountry??   I don't recall this project at all.  when I went to the Northwood Ravin website to look for a rendering of the 500 West Trade found this. 

""The Scaleybark mixed-use project is 3.7 acres and consists of office, retail and apartments. Located perfectly in LoSo with easy access to the Scaleybark lightrail station and uptown Charlotte.""

https://nwrliving.com/portfolio/scaleybark/

So the project is old, but is that site render new? Do you know if there is. Plan to start it up soon? That would be amazing on that side of Scaleybark

So the project is old, but is that site render new? Do you know if there is. Plan to start it up soon? That would be amazing on that side of Scaleybark

The concept of this project is old, very. But there was always items that needed to fall into place for it to work. The rendering might suggest something is happening, but I’ll work to get info tomorrow.

this was on their website and Crosland owned this site and when Northwood Ravin bought parts of their business they took over this shopping center.  Apartments like this make sense office may be the last to develop but the apartments especially low rise are a good fit for the area.   I think Northwestern Life is their financial partner for this at one time and may still be.

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

I’ll be surprised to see anything like this start with the economy the way it is.  Things are probably getting pushed back at least a Year or more as the Pandemic effects Cascade throughout the Economy.  

My opinion on this is you don’t just put things on
your website, with no PR, if it’s actually happening. There’s no marketing behind it at all, so... there ya go. Something will happen eventually, momentum is moving this direction.

Well this is more apartment oriented I agree office would be the last piece of this to start but stick built apartments can be less rents that a high rise for sure.  Low rise apartments can be phased in easy unlike a high rise that is built all at one time.  

• Like 1

Well this is more apartment oriented I agree office would be the last piece of this to start but stick built apartments can be less rents that a high rise for sure.  Low rise apartments can be phased in easy unlike a high rise that is built all at one time.  

I would think any current development would have some PR behind it. But I’ll have an answer tomorrow.

3 hours ago, mad_park said:

I do think this developer is more qualified in that respect.  It is funny to think of what could have been at that location.  Once proposed as a Saks 5th Ave and Ritz Carlton Hotel with condos above.  new an european style village with gourmet grocery store.  I hope I live long enough to see something developed though now as a wetland it might not be able to be filled in.

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sure this community will be called  South by SW  LoSo something another townhome community between S Tryon and 77 this time south of Clanton by Tripointe Homes that California builder making a big splash in CLT ( have plans for townhomes by Music Factory too)   They really believe in Charlotte.

https://charlottenc.gov/planning/Rezoning/RezoningPetitions/2020Petitions/Pages/2020-054.aspx

• Like 4