Scaleybark Station Area Projects

kermit

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

did not realize that was a beer garden.  I would hope that is open to the public and not just residents of their apartments.  with all the apartments planned nearby they would have a captive walking customer base. 

I hope it is NoDa Brewing.  

• Like 3

If the beer garden actually gets built, and its not just a gated, residents only, amenity then it will be one of the first new-build ‘neighborhood’ businesses in town. By neighborhood I mean retail that is not facing a major thoroughfare and is geared to nearby residents. There are a few storefronts behind the South blvd Chipoltle, but those have mostly gone office-style and, other than roots, attract no local foot traffic. No other new build neighborhood retail space comes to mind (perhaps around 36th street station?)

Despite my excitement about the precident this may set, the rendering shows that the beer garden is 3/4 occupied by parking, plus a small building and no discernible outdoor space for people. Charlotte, gezzus…

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DonkeyKong said:

I hope it is NoDa Brewing.  

This would be awesome, but I'll throw out Legal Remedy just for a fun suburban brewery to open a beer garden within city limits.  Similar to D9 Uptown.  Though I'm not sure the complexities of crossing state lines and our ABC board..

• Like 4

I'm confused.  I was under the impression that the gigantic parking deck that's currently being built on the South Blvd. frontage was the entire project, and the builder would be wrapping the parking deck with apartments and placing about 9k sqft of retail on the ground floor.  Now I see that the South frontage is simply the tip of an iceberg, and most of it will be happening behind the South Blvd lot.  Wow, this involves a lot of surface parking considering its location.  My immediate impression is to be very disappointed by that.  Am I missing something?  

The beer garden is pretty hidden to the public, being behind a 5-story tall parking deck from a South Blvd. perspective.  So I'll bet it's just a resident-only amenity.  Meanwhile, I'm expecting 2 or 3 retail tenants in the 9-10k sqft, which I'm hoping fronts South Blvd.  

36 minutes ago, stang_esq said:

I'm confused.  I was under the impression that the gigantic parking deck that's currently being built on the South Blvd. frontage was the entire project, and the builder would be wrapping the parking deck with apartments and placing about 9k sqft of retail on the ground floor.  Now I see that the South frontage is simply the tip of an iceberg, and most of it will be happening behind the South Blvd lot.  Wow, this involves a lot of surface parking considering its location.  My immediate impression is to be very disappointed by that.  Am I missing something?  

The beer garden is pretty hidden to the public, being behind a 5-story tall parking deck from a South Blvd. perspective.  So I'll bet it's just a resident-only amenity.  Meanwhile, I'm expecting 2 or 3 retail tenants in the 9-10k sqft, which I'm hoping fronts South Blvd.  

Two different projects.  The large deck being wrapped now is developed by Akridge

http://www.akridge.com/property/152/3441SouthBoulevard#description

The other site plan is for Northwood Ravin starting on their land.  The beer garden building is going to basically bump up right against the back of the Akridge property.  

From this overhead you see the 3 trees sitting there at the corner of Hollis and Weston

735-F8-F25-3-C92-47-C8-AAFE-63254775523-

Scaleybark Rendering - Northwood Ravin Signature Community

Edited by SouthEndCLT811
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is there a site plan for the Clanton Lidl? Guessing we are looking at a lot of surface parking given this is a 4.3 acre parcel and Lidl stores don't have a huge footprint. The Carmel Rd, Monroe Rd, University, and Steele Creek Lidls all fit on only 2.8 - 2.9 acres with abundant surface parking to go along with the building. Just not sure how Lidl is planning to utilize a whole extra 1.5 acres over their other locations..... other than parking?

Also, will it get a light to slow high speed traffic on South Boulevard and provide an opportunity for people to cross the street? Without a light, this Lidl isn't super walkable for New Bern Station townhomes and condos or any redevelopment along that stretch. 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 3

On 6/3/2022 at 7:43 PM, tarhoosier said:

Satto Tire is one block North at Clanton light. Satto is my occasional tire repair shop.

(edit: unless Satto tire was here a few years ago)

I think they moved from that 3601 location to the building at the Clanton light around a couple years ago. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CBJ reports on the Southend Lidl and says it will have…

sexy lighting?

“Being our newest prototype, the store will incorporate all of our latest optimizations to make the shopping experience even simpler and more convenient for customers,” he says.

That includes the latest fixtures, lighting and layout.

Should open in “middle 2023”

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2022/07/08/lidl-german-grocer-south-boulevard-store-retailing.html

[I could not find the grocery store thread in the coffee house]

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2

On 6/30/2022 at 9:58 AM, SouthEndCLT811 said:

New info on the Platform.

TLDR: Seaboard Brewery is opening another location with a full scale restaurant with a wine shop/cheese board store nextdoor.  Change Please, a non-profit coffee shop from the UK is opening their first US location where 100% of profits go to fighting homelessness

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfbcs13uQK4/

image.png.94ba21eaa54f649c2cc53955975a61f9.png

Solid project. Really nice. 

• Like 3