Scaleybark Station Area Projects

kermit

• 1 month later...

There's not any info to add, but this came out on the Historic Charlotte spring newsletter - 

In a partnership with Pappas Properties and D.H. Griffin, Historic Charlotte is seeking a new home for the "Queen Park Cinema" signs salvaged from the South Boulevard theater razed in 2006.  More details to follow from this newsletter and our website

• Like 2

There's not any info to add, but this came out on the Historic Charlotte spring newsletter - 

In a partnership with Pappas Properties and D.H. Griffin, Historic Charlotte is seeking a new home for the "Queen Park Cinema" signs salvaged from the South Boulevard theater razed in 2006.  More details to follow from this newsletter and our website

While I'm glad they're trying, the only good part of the sign was the hour-glass shaped three-girdered tower.  The real "QP" which was once on top of the tower, was dismantled in the 80s.  It was cool--it was neon and it revolved.   

• 4 weeks later...

The building located next to OMB (4044 Yancey) is planned to be renovated into space for restaurant/brewery.   Would include a rooftop terrace.

Wow, that's great. This corridor is going to be amazing! (3 breweries, 2 distilleries)

Although may want to check that address, that one is an empty lot.

Edited by Jayvee

Wow, that's great. This corridor is going to be amazing! (3 breweries, 2 distilleries)

They will also be adding a brewery as part of Scaleybark Station Plan.

^plus Three Spirits Brewery in the area, unless this is the brewery being talked about. They've recently released their new tap handles.

Nope Three Spirits is a little further South on South BLVD. So there is yet another one, lol.

Sorry read the description wrong on Loopnet. It seems to be a proposed new building on the vacant lot.

Sorry read the description wrong on Loopnet. It seems to be a proposed new building on the vacant lot.

I'm surprised a brewery would pay to build rather than just pay to renovate an existing old crappy building, seems to be their M.O. Well either way, this is cool. RDF, are there plans underway for the station or is it all just planning now?

I'm surprised a brewery would pay to build rather than just pay to renovate an existing old crappy building, seems to be their M.O. Well either way, this is cool. RDF, are there plans underway for the station or is it all just planning now?

They are in full swing I believe. I would expect phase one to break ground this year. At least one of the Office buildings, retail a large parking deck and Residential. I would expect the parking deck to be completed first so that phase two can replace the old park and ride.

They are in full swing I believe. I would expect phase one to break ground this year. At least one of the Office buildings, retail a large parking deck and Residential. I would expect the parking deck to be completed first so that phase two can replace the old park and ride.

As someone who just bought a house in Colonial Village this winter, I'm over here like

55015525.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

A TOD was filed today for Scaleybark Station - Block C!!!

And for those that wanted to know... Block C is shown below. 20k of retail and up to 250 residential units. I honestly didn't expect it to be in play so soon. 

post-17104-0-34283200-1431439731_thumb.j

Edited by Guest

I thought I heard somewhere that will be section 8. Is that why it's orange?

90 total units will be workforce/affordable housing/Section 8 at Whitten Street and Dewitt, this is the building that will wrap the park and ride parking deck, Residential Building B-1. So no, the units in the Block C will not be Section 8.

Concerning the Section 8 housing, It should be noted that last time I checked, Pappas hadn't received federal or local tax credits to help fund this part of the project. Both sources of tax credit felt that the area did not meet their criteria based on the lack of neighborhood services in the area, grocery, pharmacy, etc. I would assume this will all change now that Publix is open. 

Edited by Guest

^ I am no expert but I believe that the maximum score to compete for tax credits under the Low Income Housing Tax Credit program (which is not the same as Section 8) comes from grocery stores being closer than 1 mile. I think Publix is a good bit more than a mile away from Scaleybark. I think the new Teeter will be just less than a mile away.

^ I am no expert but I believe that the maximum score to compete for tax credits under the Low Income Housing Tax Credit program (which is not the same as Section 8) comes from grocery stores being closer than 1 mile. I think Publix is a good bit more than a mile away from Scaleybark. I think the new Teeter will be just less than a mile away.

Shockingly on MapMyRun Publix to the corner of South/Clanton is 1.03 miles away.  Just outside the requirement you've listed.  But yes, the Teeter will be within that range.