Scaleybark Station Area Projects

kermit

^ I am no expert but I believe that the maximum score to compete for tax credits under the Low Income Housing Tax Credit program (which is not the same as Section 8) comes from grocery stores being closer than 1 mile. I think Publix is a good bit more than a mile away from Scaleybark. I think the new Teeter will be just less than a mile away.

I think since it will be accessible via public transportation, it will not have much of a problem getting the Low Income Housing Tax Credit. I know its not the same as Section 8, just using that term because Jayvee did :-). 

I really wish this activity would translate to the other side of the street, which is one of the saddest stretches of overgrown, dilapidated blocks in Charlotte. There is a Fast Food Restaurant with Drivethrough proposed directly across from Block B. 

I really wish this activity would translate to the other side of the street, which is one of the saddest stretches of overgrown, dilapidated blocks in Charlotte. There is a Fast Food Restaurant with Drivethrough proposed directly across from Block B. 

Sometimes, I look at the old Crossland Greens plans and softly cry myself to sleep.

I can't wait for the Chillis. It is going to have the best bar in Southend.

Two for One Margaritas Baby! (I think they have that).

Next door, I think they are building one of those new Chipotle concepts where they shoot 1,200 calorie burritos straight down customers gullets through Pnuematic Tubes, that someone was referencing in the Park Rd Thread. 

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article22612095.html

Not sure what to think on this one..  If there's no partnership with another developer to do mixed use fronting Scaleybark/South then I think this will be a real missed opportunity.

But it's nice to see that little area carved out of the red block for our upcoming fast food restaurant  :sick:

It's going to be off of Hollis and not where the shopping center is, so it's not really a departure from the original plan Crosland had. 

Ah makes sense.  I don't know much about the initial Crosland plan and Ely made mention of townhouses and South Blvd twice making me think they were facing the street similar to those by New Bern.

"A townhouse development could be in the works across South Boulevard from the Scaleybark light rail station, according to real estate records.  Records filed last week on the city’s online Accela system indicate developer Pulte Homes is planning to build a number of townhouses on the South Boulevard site."

Edited by SouthEndCLT811

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

A TOD was filed today for Scaleybark Station - Block C!!!

And for those that wanted to know... Block C is shown below. 20k of retail and up to 250 residential units. I honestly didn't expect it to be in play so soon. 

[attachment=9819:11229615_10100992851943937_968703162_o.jpg]

FWIW pink flags have appeared in the Block C area.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, this is a case where I'm not really bothered by the amount of surface parking provided. (Although I personally loathe townhomes on top of garages, but I'll let that be a different argument)

Me too!

That said, I think we see the appearance of the rumored Brew Pub in these renderings. I'll be very interested to see how these retail spaces do. 

Agreed, this is a case where I'm not really bothered by the amount of surface parking provided. (Although I personally loathe townhomes on top of garages, but I'll let that be a different argument)

Heh, just thought of something. Heres to hoping there is entrances facing South BLVD, AS WELL AS the parking lot. Unlike the retail buildings that face Kings. 

• 1 month later...

My Goal is rather lofty, but hopefully with tons of help we can get there...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/save-queens-park-sign-and-future-charlotte-landmarks/x/8034313

Message me if you want to be an administrator. Urban Planet wanted to save this sign years ago, now is our chance! Proceeds will go towards helping buy and refurb the sign, and contributing to the rail trail.

Its time: http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2015/09/01/pappas-properties-seeks-new-owner-for-old-queen.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The organizations are accepting written pitches; the winner will receive delivery at no cost. Interested parties must contact Historic Charlotte at [email protected] or P.O. Box 32782, Charlotte, NC 28232 by addressing the following questions:

Why you think you are the most deserving caretaker of this piece of Charlotte’s history?

Where it will be displayed if you win?

Who will see it once on display?

How the piece will be protected and preserved?

Submissions will be accepted until Oct. 30th at 5 p.m.

Edited by kermit