Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HartfordHope

ING Moves from Downtown

11 posts in this topic

ING is moving the last 250 or so employees they have in Hartford (State House Sq) to Windsor mid year 2011.

ING is moving the last 150 employees they have in Hartford (State House Sq) to Windsor mid year 2011.

Not surprising. Hopefully when ING America is spun off Windsor gains a corporate HQ though.

Not surprising. Hopefully when ING America is spun off Windsor gains a corporate HQ though.

From what I can tell it looks like Windsor will remian about the same size for the near term. As part of the IPO ING IM which is now based in Atlanta will be combined with the Retirement services which is based in Windsor though... so There is a chance Windsor could become the US HQ after the 2012 IPO. Not really sure though.

Will they put the HQ in a high tax Democratic State, Connecticut. Or a low tax Republican state, Georgia. I wonder.

ct is pretty generous to insurance companies on tax beaks. so i bet the taxes would not be a major issue.

the windsor office is shiny and new. the Atl office is old and not exactly flashy.

way more workers are in Windsor, and i think the read thing is that ing americas leadership is all based out of Windsor.

the NYC office is a threat too though the big boss in a NYC guy

ct is pretty generous to insurance companies on tax beaks. so i bet the taxes would not be a major issue.

the windsor office is shiny and new. the Atl office is old and not exactly flashy.

way more workers are in Windsor, and i think the read thing is that ing americas leadership is all based out of Windsor.

the NYC office is a threat too though the big boss in a NYC guy

Looks like all offices are remaining open other then SHS. SHS was small and Windsor had empty space.

Eddie Perez really screwed this up. ING wanted to build that HQ in Hartford, but Perez played hardball and they left, just like Channel 3 and MetLife.

the ING one was a big failure, but met life wanted the burbs at all costs i think

MetLife hated the parking situation. I sitll believe killing the Griffin Line was a nail in the coffin because it would have helped alleviate the parking situation.