Greenville Annexations

vicupstate

On 6/10/2022 at 4:49 PM, vicupstate said:

Monday City Council will consider changes to the Water covenant requirement for annexation.  It would extend the annexation (when feasible) requirement perimeter from 1 mile from existing limits to 1.5 miles. It would also forbid annexation to OTHER cities inside this perimeter (ie Mauldin).

Updates to Annexation Water Covenant   

Passed unanimously. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Happy to see them annexing the Riverside apartments! This seems like a result of the previously discussed ROW annexation along the SRT? 

I wonder what the underlying reason is for annexing the parcels around Lake Conestee? 

5 hours ago, vicupstate said:

LOL, this is the epitome of "nickle and dimeing" something. Maybe we'll reach that magic 30 sq mi mark some time this decade! :lol:

8 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

LOL, this is the epitome of "nickle and dimeing" something. Maybe we'll reach that magic 30 sq mi mark some time this decade! :lol:

We passed it a year or two ago.  The city seems to be finally picking up the pace, so that is a good thing.  

9 minutes ago, Galley said:

I noticed that Racks and Ribs closed.  Was the city finally able to close that donut hole?

The State Supreme Court ordered them closed. The property was never in the city limits. It was the county trying to shut them down and they succeeded. 

• 1 month later...

6.997 Acres 1t 1067 Keys Dr. - Roper Mountain Baptist Church  

6.91 acres on Chestnut Street

The Chestnut street item is an existing residential area using the 75% petition method. I can't remember Greenville doing anything other than 100%  since I have lived here (1996).  More proof the city is getting more proactive.   

• Like 3