Greenville Annexations

vicupstate

Looks like the Cherrydale Crossings shopping center is going to be annexed into the city: http://www.greenvillesc.gov/PlanningZoning/PlanningApplications/Applications/2012/MARCH/PlanningCommission/03-8-2012/AX-03-2012-2541NorthPleasantburgDrive.pdf If nothing else, this should give the city additional tax revenue.

Excellent news.

Between Property taxes, Business License fees, Sunday Liquor sales licenses, and Prepared Food taxes, it will be a nice payday for the city. Additional expenses to the city should be minimal.

It also brings the city limits contiguous to Montebello, in case the city were to pursue that option.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

With its annexation of the new Tavern 24 (formerly Fatz), along with a 10-foot-wide strip of Woodruff Rd. extending eastward to the Interstate 385 interchange, the City of Mauldin may have effectively slammed the door on the City of Greenville in the growing eastside district. Greenville could have annexed the Tavern 24 property - it is contiguous to the Lieu's Chinese Bistro property, which is already incorporated within the Greenville city limits - but apparently Mauldin got there first.

With its annexation of the new Tavern 24 (formerly Fatz), along with a 10-foot-wide strip of Woodruff Rd. extending eastward to the Interstate 385 interchange, the City of Mauldin may have effectively slammed the door on the City of Greenville in the growing eastside district. Greenville could have annexed the Tavern 24 property - it is contiguous to the Lieu's Chinese Bistro property, which is already incorporated within the Greenville city limits - but apparently Mauldin got there first.

FYI-Already mentioned and discussed on a couple of other threads. :good:

FYI-Already mentioned and discussed on a couple of other threads. :good:

Greenville should have got with the program and annexed much of this land a loooooong time ago. I'm not sure of the exact annexation laws so that may be partly to blame, but these developments have been built for many years.

I don't know the particulars, but my guess is Greenville tried to take in FATZ but they opted to go with Mauldin, mostly likely due to lower taxes/fees. That would be an educated guesss, but a guess.

I don't see this annexation by Mauldin on the GIS maps for the county, (possibly too soon to be updated). Depending on exactly where the line goes would determine if Greeenville is checkmated out of going further down Woodruff Rd.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know the particulars, but my guess is Greenville tried to take in FATZ but they opted to go with Mauldin, mostly likely due to lower taxes/fees. That would be an educated guesss, but a guess.

I don't see this annexation by Mauldin on the GIS maps for the county, (possibly too soon to be updated). Depending on exactly where the line goes would determine if Greeenville is checkmated out of going further down Woodruff Rd.

Regarding the reasons for Fatz deciding to go with Mauldin, I had speculated as much on other forums, but seeing as how I've already been taken to task for repeating what I had posted in other forums (despite being relevant to this forum), it's probably a good thing I hadn't elaborated further here. Sheesh.Anyway, the GCGIS internet map has been updated and shows the Mauldin annexation going right up to the off ramp of the interchange. I had thought that the city couldn't simply cross I-385 without following a right of way, but apparently I was mistaken, as that appears to be exactly what Greenville did when it annexed the properties flanking Independence Pt., off Independence Dr., just north of the Roper Mtn. interchange. So, it will be interesting to see what future annexations develop along the Woodruff Rd. corridor.

Regarding the reasons for Fatz deciding to go with Mauldin, I had speculated as much on other forums, but seeing as how I've already been taken to task for repeating what I had posted in other forums (despite being relevant to this forum), it's probably a good thing I hadn't elaborated further here. Sheesh.Anyway, the GCGIS internet map has been updated and shows the Mauldin annexation going right up to the off ramp of the interchange. I had thought that the city couldn't simply cross I-385 without following a right of way, but apparently I was mistaken, as that appears to be exactly what Greenville did when it annexed the properties flanking Independence Pt., off Independence Dr., just north of the Roper Mtn. interchange. So, it will be interesting to see what future annexations develop along the Woodruff Rd. corridor.

It's going to be a patchwork quilt around there for sure.

• 1 month later...

Planning commission will take up two annexations in August

• 1.28 acres at 1 Commercial Drive. This reduces a Laurens Rd area doughnut hole.
  • 9 acres to the Legacy Charter Schoola located at W. Washington and E. Bramlett Rd.

These annexations go to City Council tonight, and with public ROW, the Legacy Charter one will actually be 11.5 acres.

Also, the McDonalds on Woodruff Road by Magnolia Park is being annexed as well. It is just over 1 acre. This eliminates a doughnut hole :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Woodside Mill in West Greenville on Woodside Ave. is getting annexed. Just over 14 acres involved. It will get a Mills Mill type conversion. It will be apartments, at least initially.

http://www.greenvill...tMainStreet.pdf

This is great to see! I'm glad it's being saved before it meets the fate of so many other mills in the Upstate-- fire.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...