Theme parks' squabbling could kill bullet train

bobliocatt

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest donaltopablo

They should build the stop near the Orlando Convention Center on Southern I drive, then provide light rail to Disney, Seaworld, and Universal. Then nobody gets the high speed train station, but everyone gets mass transit.

I can't say I blame them though, it makes sense for Disney, the largest draw down there to get a station. But then again, Disney was such brats about this they don't even want the train stopping at the Convention center, they want it to go straight to them!

I can understand the thing stopping at Disney, because its bringing in over 2 million riders a year. Its very important that this train gets as many riders as possible. From looking at a map, its also logical that a light rail line should be built from the Disney rail station to downtown, which in turn covers the convention center and Universal/Sea World area. Anything else, means you would have two system's lines overlapping each other, which is a waste of money on projects many think are already two expensive.

Another thing we all need to realize is that this is a high speed rail sytem. In reality, there should only be one stop per city, including Orlando. If others in the local region want to be a part of it, then they need to persuade the officials to invest in streetcars, light rail, etc.

I agree with the one stop per city thing, but I think it should actually be 2 in Tampa and Orlando. One wherever they were proposed to be, and one at the airport. Maybe (And this is pushing it) St. Pete - Clearwater and Daytona Beach could get it at the airports, too. Though they are International airports, I'm not sure how often they are used.

Archived