Kansas City, MO skyline

cityboi

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree(I'm not just sayin that because I'm from KC). I think alot of people don't think of KC as a major urban city because it's name begins with "Kansas". So people think of it as a Farm Community(I've never even been on a farm before). There are a couple of other cities that don't get much urban credit because of their name or location; Charlotte and Jacksonville for example...

Do you see that building with the circle thing on top(the 3rd picture)? I walked the other day from there to the "One Kansas City Place"(the tallest building in the background). It was farther than I thought it was, it took me an hour to walk there and back,LOL!!!...

Yea, when people think of Kansas, they usually think of Dorthy and the "farm" from the Wizard of Oz. Norfolk, VA is another city that doesnt get attention it deserves. but Kansas City appears to be very dense much like some Northeast cities based on these photos and its a side of Kansas people tend to over look.

I'm sure most people would be shocked to see Kansas City in person. It appears thats its more dense than St. Louis which is a city that gets far more attention. Kansas City seems to rival Atlanta's skyline.

Thanks for the pics KCDevin.

well, can you wait till 2007? Because our new arena will be done, our new PAC will be done, our new entertainment district will be done, etc...

or you could come now, take photos, see the city then come back in 2007.

And the plaza will have over 3 more skyscrapers by then... (the first 3 are assured, but I'm sure there will be more skyscrapers, at least more than 2-3 more proposed by then.)

One of the best KC panoramas, taken by supastudio.

panarama1.jpg

In the very far right you can see the IRS construction site.

It already is! Downtown and then the Plaza ;)

It already has more skyscrapers than Omaha, Des Moines, OK City, etc...

And has almost as many skyscrapers as Tulsa.

The skyscrapers planned for southern downtown (AKA Crown Center)

crowncentermodellookingsouth.jpg

You can see their locations by looking at the pano.

4 buildings over 12 floors and 2 over 20

• 2 years later...

I'm sure most people would be shocked to see Kansas City in person. It appears thats its more dense than St. Louis which is a city that gets far more attention. Kansas City seems to rival Atlanta's skyline.

Thanks for the pics KCDevin.

Are you serious? Atlanta has 4-6 different skylines with lots of highrises being built right now. Check out the Atlanta forum.......Please.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I agree(I'm not just sayin that because I'm from KC). I think alot of people don't think of KC as a major urban city because it's name begins with "Kansas". So people think of it as a Farm Community(I've never even been on a farm before). There are a couple of other cities that don't get much urban credit because of their name or location; Charlotte and Jacksonville for example...

OK, there's no way that KC is going rival Chicago's skyline...Ever. Chicago is developing plenty of high-rises. Chicago alone has well over 1,000 skyscrapers (12+ Floors) with around another 200 in the works for the future. This doesn't even include the suburbs. KC only has about 370 skyscrapers. Chicago also has landmark supertall towers such as Sears Tower, John Hancock Building, AT&T Corporate Center, and Two Prudential Plaza. There's also some supertalls (900+ feet) under construction such as Trump Plaza (415M) and Waterview Tower (319M). Last time I checked, there wasn't a supertall under construction in KC.

Here's some pictures of Chicagoland.

Chicago.jpg

Chicago2.jpg

Chicago3.jpg

Chicago4.jpg

Chicago5.jpg

OK, there's no way that KC is going rival Chicago's skyline...Ever. Chicago is developing plenty of high-rises. Chicago alone has well over 1,000 skyscrapers (12+ Floors) with around another 200 in the works for the future. This doesn't even include the suburbs. KC only has about 370 skyscrapers. Chicago also has landmark supertall towers such as Sears Tower, John Hancock Building, AT&T Corporate Center, and Two Prudential Plaza. There's also some supertalls (900+ feet) under construction such as Trump Plaza (415M) and Waterview Tower (319M). Last time I checked, there wasn't a supertall under construction in KC.

Here's some pictures of Chicagoland.

Chicago.jpg

Chicago2.jpg

Chicago3.jpg

Chicago4.jpg

Chicago5.jpg

Archived