Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

byrde

Union Pacific Steam Rail Service BR to DFW

5 posts in this topic

Union Pacific Rail Service has a contest on their website seeking to see what the interest level is to bring steam rail service to Baton Rouge. The route would connect BR with Alex, Shreveport and Dallas. Visit this link to vote for for the DFW to BR route.

http://x.up.com/52998

1 person likes this

That's cool...thanks for starting this topic Bryde :thumbsup:

That's cool...thanks for starting this topic Bryde :thumbsup:

No problem. A steam train ride to Big D would be awesome. I hope we can get some folks to vote for BR and put us over the top.

Those trains are fun- I've been on Norfolk Southern steam excursion trains- but in case anyone is thinking otherwise, they are not regularly-scheduled passenger trains; they are special trains that will run just a few times at most.

ETA: those Union Pacific Vista-Domes are great, in the upstairs part of the car.

Those trains are fun- I've been on Norfolk Southern steam excursion trains- but in case anyone is thinking otherwise, they are not regularly-scheduled passenger trains; they are special trains that will run just a few times at most.

ETA: those Union Pacific Vista-Domes are great, in the upstairs part of the car.

a few times.......as in a few times a year?