Mall of LA?

itsjustme3

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people will. SOME. Were in the freakin south. We know good seafood. Red Lobster is NOT good seafood. Same reason why there aren't a bunch of Long John Silvers or Captain Ds in this area.

But don't act like JUST because someone is building it that it will automatically be a success. Red Lobster is trying to get a food hold in this market. My guess is they will probably fail.

You are basing this on opinion. The one in New Orleans is doing fine right? Shreveport? The Ralph and Kacoos across the street? Seafood doesn't just pertain to our type of creole/cajun cooked seafoods. The location will do fine.

Would you rather a dead Comp USA building be there?!

looks like someone owns some Red Lobster stock

Haha oh well. At least something is in this good location.

Red Lobster is good for biscuits. Anything else ummmmmmmmm...... yea.

The one in Metairie does ok, but the number of chains in New Orleans should tell you something compared to the number in cities of similar size and even smaller.

Red Lobster is good for biscuits. Anything else ummmmmmmmm...... yea.

The one in Metairie does ok, but the number of chains in New Orleans should tell you something compared to the number in cities of similar size and even smaller.

yeah, I wasn't going to bring up the "but New Orleans's Red Lobster does well". Lots of stuff does well in Nola compared to BR.

yeah, I wasn't going to bring up the "but New Orleans's Red Lobster does well". Lots of stuff does well in Nola compared to BR.

My point was that New Orleans is very lacking when it comes to chains, particularly food, and many locals like it that way. I actually think Baton Rouge offers more in terms chain stores/food. Another example, compare Mall of Louisiana to any mall in New Orleans.

My point was that New Orleans is very lacking when it comes to chains, particularly food, and many locals like it that way.

uuhhhhhhh..... As I guy who used to live in Nola and Kenner, I'd have to disagree. There are plenty of chains there.

I actually think Baton Rouge offers more in terms chain stores/food. Another example, compare Mall of Louisiana to any mall in New Orleans.

not sure what this means either. Why compare mall of la to the Riverwalk??

uuhhhhhhh..... As I guy who used to live in Nola and Kenner, I'd have to disagree. There are plenty of chains there.

How many big chains are there in this area? 1 Red Lobster, 1 Olive Garden, 2 Outbacks, 2 Applebees, 2 Chilis, 1 Texas Roadhouse. I'm missing a few, but not many. Compare this to any other city on the same tier as New Orleans.

Many chains in the NO area are local chains.

Riverwalk is a tourist trap. I don't know many locals who would even count it as a mall let alone visit it. New Orleans has 4 local malls that cater to the average resident and none of them compare to the offerings in Mall of Louisiana except for a some stores in Lakeside and the N.O. area Macy and Dillard stores IMHO. I didn't include the Shops at Canal Place.

How many big chains are there in this area? 1 Red Lobster, 1 Olive Garden, 2 Outbacks, 2 Applebees, 2 Chilis, 1 Texas Roadhouse. I'm missing a few, but not many. Compare this to any other city on the same tier as New Orleans.

Riverwalk is a tourist trap. I don't know many locals who would even count it as a mall let alone visit it. New Orleans has 4 local malls that cater to the average resident and none of them compare to the offerings in Mall of Louisiana except for a some stores in Lakeside and the N.O. area Macy and Dillard stores IMHO. I didn't include the Shops at Canal Place.

Ok. I can easily go to urbanspoon or some other website that lists the chain restaurants in Nola or Metairie but I'm not going to do that. Instead I'm just going to laugh and roll my eyes at your assumption that Nola doesn't have many chains.

And regarding this silly mall comparrison? WTF? Why stop at comparing all of la to a Nola mall? Why not compare mall of la to the mall in Pittsburg? Or Jacksonville? Because it makes about as much sense as comparing BR to Nolas mall.

Let's just stick to what we can all agree on...and that is Red Lobster sucks.

lol@ this red lobster situation, lol

Lol, I second that!

But seriously, I think New Orleans has just as many chains as Baton Rouge, or more even. Its just that New Orleans has more local restaurants to chain restaurants, so it just seems like they don't have many.

Archived