Mall of LA?

itsjustme3

Ok. I can easily go to urbanspoon or some other website that lists the chain restaurants in Nola or Metairie but I'm not going to do that. Instead I'm just going to laugh and roll my eyes at your assumption that Nola doesn't have many chains.

And regarding this silly mall comparrison? WTF? Why stop at comparing all of la to a Nola mall? Why not compare mall of la to the mall in Pittsburg? Or Jacksonville? Because it makes about as much sense as comparing BR to Nolas mall.

Let's just stick to what we can all agree on...and that is Red Lobster sucks.

What do I know? I've just lived in N.O. for most of my existence and can name several chains that can be found in similar sized cities that aren't here and obviously I can name things in Baton Rouge that either aren't here or happen to have equal presence in both cities. As far as the malls, the fact that what I said is true given that the cities are on two different tiers speaks for itself. The fact that someone can say that one has just as many chains as the other says something given that N.O. and B.R. aren't equals. As far as Red Lobster, it sucks but it's better than nothing at all and people will go there and eat. Agreed to disagree.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point was that New Orleans is very lacking when it comes to chains, particularly food, and many locals like it that way. I actually think Baton Rouge offers more in terms chain stores/food. Another example, compare Mall of Louisiana to any mall in New Orleans.

Mall of LA isn't bad for being in a midsized city in a flyover state.

I'd rather them build red lobster than leave the old comp usa building that was becoming an eye sore. This is better than a Halloween store every october.

And there's probably going to be so much landscaping around the ugly building (like with the rest of the GGP property) that it will be that much easier to ignore on your daily commute.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived