City Life!

Were you raised or partly raised in?...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Were you raised or partly raised in?...

• Urban area?
    • inner-city?
    • working-class/suburbs?
    • exurbs?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm i was raised in the city limits of Honolulu less than 5 miles or so from downtown but it was in the valley which was sort of suburbanish but the funny thing is i didnt go to school in my hood i went to school in an industrial part of the city cause my dad worked all the time and my grandma and a few aunts/uncles & cousins lived in that part of town so it was more convient for him to take me there to go to school so that after school id have a place to go where there were adults instead of home alone. :P I could see Honolulu's downtown skyline from the area that i went to elementary school i always used to be amazed too and oh my how much the skyline has changed i thought it was big then now shoot its like a baby Rio or Sao Paulo hehe okay maybe thats stretching it a bit but you get the idea. ;)

I grew up in, inner-city Kansas City,Missouri. I lived on the EASTSIDE til' I was 11, then I moved to the NORTHEAST and lived there til' I was 17(I learned alot of spainish there). Now I live 1&half east of the NORTHEAST, in a working-class neighborhood(almost like a ghetto burb). I'm glad I don't live in the inner-city anymore because it's too stressful.

My childhood home is about 1 mile away from where EMINEM's early childhood home is. Plus I went to the same highschool as Eddie Griffen. In his Movie "DisFunKtional Family", the part where he slid down the stairs, that is the hallway of my old highschool.

I live in a part of a suburb (Burlington, Ontario) that has a lot of sprawl but also denser blocks comprised mostly of mid to high rises and townhouses, along with a mini downtown of its own. I guess it's a plain suburb, but I voted for "working class" because it's not that undense and, well, I'm not upper class for sure. :D

Archived