gman430

CONSTRUCTION THREAD: RiverWalk

175 posts in this topic

Due to the fact construction is officially under way and the development has its own name, I have decided to create a construction thread for it separate of that from Riverplace. Latest news on this project with rendering attached can be found here: http://www.journalwa...e-the-recession

I noticed GNMO is involved with financing. They're the same group that financed the Courtyard by Marriott project with help from Carolina First/TD Bank.

Edited by citylife

Any updates on this? Last time I was by the site, all the buildings were in piles of rubble. I assume the site is cleared now, waiting on a construction fence..? :dontknow:

The buildings are gone, the rubble is gone, grading is taking place now, as of 2 days ago. The entire site is fenced.

I do hope that the final small parcel in this block can be purchased by Hughes. The small metal building on it is going to look even worse, now that everything else is gone.

In a related note, heavy equipment and orange cones have been delivered to the staging site for the Church St. project.

Any updates on this? Last time I was by the site, all the buildings were in piles of rubble. I assume the site is cleared now, waiting on a construction fence..? :dontknow:

What Vicupstate said and there is one backhoe still left on site to finish grading/leveling the hill where the building will go. The concrete pile driver or soil tester machine (not sure which one) is now on site also.

Edited by citylife

In looking at the rendering, to the tip of the spire is about 10 stories high. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this will be the tallest structure in West End?

The prices for the 2-bedrooms really are great...that's less than my roommate and I are paying for our 2 bedroom here in Rock Hill. If construction were almost done I'd seriously consider being in Greenville this summer...but Charleston it is!

I'm really excited about this too! In addition to the prices being realistic, the fact they're offering a 3-bedroom option is fantastic! Very hard to find in apartments/condos downtown.

I'd love to see some interior renderings soon. Hopefully it's as interesting as the outside!

$850 for a three bedroom apartment? In the West End of Greenville, so close to Riverplace, Falls Park, etc.? :shok:

I currently live in a metro area that has ridiculously expensive rents, so I realize that my perception is skewed. But this sounds like a heck of a deal! Where do I sign? :thumbsup:

Will there be a qualification process to be able to rent affordable housing? I'm not entirely sure how all of that works, but those who qualify have a GREAT opportunity!

It's exciting to see a completion date of December of this year! Wish I could make the talk.

Was anyone able to go last night? I'd love to hear more details if there are any!

Triangle signs and large construction trailer now on site. :) Now where's that tower crane? :tough:

Edited by citylife

Triangle signs and large construction trailer now on site. :) Now where's that tower crane? :tough:

:thumbsup: That's exciting!

5514908999_45bf56e8c2_b.jpg

5514928545_539493b7c9_b.jpg

Edited by citylife

PROGRESS! This is going to be such a dynamic project! :shades:

^ Great to see this going up. Even better to see West End developing a bit of a skyline.