CONSTRUCTION THREAD: RiverWalk

gman430

Due to the fact construction is officially under way and the development has its own name, I have decided to create a construction thread for it separate of that from Riverplace. Latest news on this project with rendering attached can be found here: http://www.journalwa...e-the-recession

I noticed GNMO is involved with financing. They're the same group that financed the Courtyard by Marriott project with help from Carolina First/TD Bank.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

The buildings are gone, the rubble is gone, grading is taking place now, as of 2 days ago. The entire site is fenced.

I do hope that the final small parcel in this block can be purchased by Hughes. The small metal building on it is going to look even worse, now that everything else is gone.

In a related note, heavy equipment and orange cones have been delivered to the staging site for the Church St. project.

Any updates on this? Last time I was by the site, all the buildings were in piles of rubble. I assume the site is cleared now, waiting on a construction fence..? :dontknow:

What Vicupstate said and there is one backhoe still left on site to finish grading/leveling the hill where the building will go. The concrete pile driver or soil tester machine (not sure which one) is now on site also.

• 2 weeks later...

The Greenville New Markets Opportunity ("GNMO") LLC announced today over $16 million in below-market financing for the RiverWalk project. More info: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/greenville-new-markets-opportunity-reports-investment-of-over-16-million-using-new-markets-tax-credits-116301594.html

I'm really excited about this too! In addition to the prices being realistic, the fact they're offering a 3-bedroom option is fantastic! Very hard to find in apartments/condos downtown.

I'd love to see some interior renderings soon. Hopefully it's as interesting as the outside!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived