CONSTRUCTION THREAD: RiverWalk

gman430

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one is moving quickly it seems. This project still impresses me and gets me really excited. Am I the only one? :thumbsup:

You are not the only one. Right there with ya.

Maybe it is just the angle of the photos above, but the footprint of the building seems larger than I expected.

Nah, your not the only one.

Ive been watching this every few days and its good to see that it is moving along steadily. Maybe it can help serve as a catalyst for other growth in the area. I miss my upstate home ;-(..................I will be back ....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As soon as they can get some steel on site. This project has seemed to slow recently. Hearing that the final product will not be as depicted in the rendering.

Not sure where you heard that from. If any changes were made with the building plans (exterior wise) it would have to go through the DPC again. Everything is going just fine on site with plenty of construction workers there everyday. :thumbsup: They're having to do a lot of foundation work as you can see from the update pics posted in this thread. Here is the official website for RiverWalk: http://www.hughesinvestments.com/riverwalk.php

"Steel" as in rebar? Isn't this supposed to be a steel (rebar) reinforced concrete structure? It seems odd that they would be so aggressive about construction (under 12 month timeline) and then decide to change the design after a month of work.

Yeah...it does seems odd though that the project would be on hold as it's Hughes and the development received financing from GNMO. I know for a fact there were construction workers on site this past Wednesday. I didn't get a chance to drive by during the day on Thursday or Friday unfortunately to see if they were still working on it or not.

I saw workers poring concrete for the wall on Thursday and Friday they were back filling dirt at the wall, work is still underway.

That's good to see. :) Like I said a few days ago in this thread, they're having to do a lot of foundation work. Piping is being installed at this time too for water/sewer.

Just a quick update. Saw at least 5-10 construction workers on site doing lots of work when I drove by around 4pm today. :thumbsup: Guess we can put the worry to rest...for now. Also, i'm hearing the completion date has been moved to May 2012. :ermm:

Just a quick update. Saw at least 5-10 construction workers on site doing lots of work when I drove by around 4pm today. :thumbsup: Guess we can put the worry to rest...for now. Also, i'm hearing the completion date has been moved to May 2012. :ermm:

I don't think a May completion date is of any worry.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like all the foundation work along with installing a gazillion and one water/sewer/electrical pipes is finally finished. You can see what appears to be the tower crane/elevator shaft in the center of the site below. Shouldn't be long now (probably within the next week or two) until the first floor starts rising. And yes they were working on site today before I took these pics:

5794695985_3fb38799d7_b.jpg

5795256412_64c9ebfe59_b.jpg

5795259000_2bd84f1452_b.jpg

5794693221_dc0246802d_b.jpg

5795242176_4e08232e3b_b.jpg

Archived