CONSTRUCTION THREAD: RiverWalk

gman430

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The portion in the foreground will only reach six floors, based on the drawing. The single column at the inner corner should be near the total height of the taller section with upper floor office space.

:thumbsup: This is going to be a very visible building.

This is making a pretty big impact to the skyline on that end. I can't wait until they wall it in. If it does get spires, it's really going to stand out.

Driving in from Augusta Street / West End, the building definitely rises behind the row of stores Rick Erwin's is in. Is is a good dense, urban perspective from that vantage point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^^ Yes, and the structure for the concrete-looking "wall" that runs down from the spire is also being attached. Lookin' good!

The West End skyline from the Church Street bridge formerly existed of the Riverplace buildings peeping out and around the Peace Center. Now, Riverwalk "towers" above the Hampton Inn (by a few floors). The depth of buildings from that view is growing.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really glad to see the City truly pushing the architects and the owners to do a better job on Rhett Street. A less passive experience along Rhett would be much better for the downtown masterplan, and the eventual streetscaping of Rhett Street. Powerline burial from Camperdown to O'Neil (or even just to River St) should be a priority.

Glad to see this project moving along well. Just thinking and wondering if the palcement could have been better to where the front of the building faces downtown instead of away from DT? Especially the upper apartments could have had an awesome view. Any thoughts?

Could you define what you mean by "front"?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Applications for the RiverWalk apartments have been posted on their site. Sounds like there has been a lot of interest. They start accepting them this Thursday, the 27th.

http://www.hughesinvestments.com/riverwalk.php

Anyone know what the interiors will look like? I really hope they match the modern style of the exterior instead of settling for generic like McBee Station apartments and others have done.

Applications for the RiverWalk apartments have been posted on their site. Sounds like there has been a lot of interest. They start accepting them this Thursday, the 27th.

http://www.hughesinv...m/riverwalk.php

Anyone know what the interiors will look like? I really hope they match the modern style of the exterior instead of settling for generic like McBee Station apartments and others have done.

The floor plans look good although pretty generic for an apartment development. These are all affordable units with set rents so I would expect the interior specs to be several steps below McBee Station. Phil Hughes would see no benefit from building out the interior to a McBee or condo spec as he can't charge a premium for these upgrades. It wouldn't make financial sense - but every project Phil does is at another level so I could be easily wrong . Now in 7 years when his new market tax credits burn off I bet he upgrades every unit and sells some really cool high end condos. It's a great project regardless and will have no problem filling up. I do find it odd that the rent is capped but it isnt income restricted. Does anyone know the logic behind this?

Archived