Broadway Bridge to be replaced

skirby

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big lift. Notice the two men holding on to the guide rope as well as the changing position of the barge.

Up it goes.

4ib1Lq.png

The barge is turning the girder.

LHCCvo.png

Up it goes.

5k1D90.png

l12wPE.png

A tow passed by and they had to bring in another towboat to put the crane  barge back into position.

MrKSNa.png

Almost there. The men holding the guide rope are at the lower left of the picture above.

Home at last.

YbTTEd.png

This took over an hour to do the lift.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Pictures of/from the Broadway Bridge

yUwzwg.jpg

The just opened walkway for the bridge.

5GeQUH.jpg

Ramp to walkway not open yet on the north side.

1eiceZ.jpg

This shows the new addition of the Robinson Center at the base of the bridge.

On5Xvr.jpg

0w8C5D.jpg

Unopened ramp to the walkway on the Little Rock side. This will connect to  Riverfront Park.

7blWtC.jpg

Looking north from the Little Rock side.

on5P3r.jpg

2 hours ago, skirby said:

Pictures of/from the Broadway Bridge

5GeQUH.jpg

Ramp to walkway not open yet on the north side.

See this picture?  What's up with the RANDOM change of paving surfaces ALL over this project.  Why is there asphalt at all?

Note, if you use the new ramp from Broadway south-bound to La Harpe/Cantrell west-bound, you will observe FIVE changes of paving...first concrete on the bridge, then a random section of asphalt, then concrete again, then the end is randomly changed to asphalt EVEN THOUGH IT IS CONNECTING TO A CONCRETE STREET (La Harpe).  I know this is trivial in the big scheme of things, but the lack of consistency just burns me up.  WHY would someone - anyone with any common sense - randomly change paving?  The bridge is concrete, the street is concrete.  Why is there anything BUT concrete?!!!!  Typical Arkansan engineering...it ALREADY looks like a screw-up.

33 minutes ago, Architect said:

See this picture?  What's up with the RANDOM change of paving surfaces ALL over this project.  Why is there asphalt at all?

Note, if you use the new ramp from Broadway south-bound to La Harpe/Cantrell east-bound, you will observe FIVE changes of paving...first concrete on the bridge, then a random section of asphalt, then concrete again, then the end is randomly changed to asphalt EVEN THOUGH IT IS CONNECTING TO A CONCRETE STREET (La Harpe).  I know this is trivial in the big scheme of things, but the lack of consistency just burns me up.  WHY would someone - anyone with any common sense - randomly change paving?  The bridge is concrete, the street is concrete.  Why is there anything BUT concrete?!!!!  Typical Arkansan engineering...it ALREADY looks like a screw-up.

I was thinking the same thing about the walkway. I thought it would have been much nicer if they would have used some kind of pavers.  Also, my number one complaint is the lack of bump outs which would allowed for some type of seating and maybe even a water fountain or two so the walker or biker could get a drink.

Archived