metalman

Ocean Breeze get bought, expanding.

6 posts in this topic

I'm surprised no one's caught on to this or posted on it. I think it's good news and I'm excited to see what changes/expansion are coming to the park! With Busch Gardens' and Water Country USA's additions and changes this is gonna be a great season or two of new rides.

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/01/former-six-flags-executives-buy-ocean-breeze-waterpark

Edited by metalman

I haven't been to Ocean Breeze in about 15 years, but even as a kid I thought it paled in comparison to Water Country USA. But even though I haven't been to the latter in about 13 years, it's still the better option IMO.

So I'm curious to see what the new owners have in mind. Sounds like they realize the potential...they should work on tieing in Motorworld, instead of making them seem like separate places, even though they're all in that cluster.

A massive new 700 acre development is planned for Williamsburg.  I did not know where to put this information. The project would consist of hotels other attractions and a theme park.  The plan is called Kingsland USA.  I will provide a link when I have a chance to later on. It is being planned and is only an idea By the Williamsburg Pottery.