southlake mall

george

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This comes as no real surprise to me. JCPenny has been scaling back for years now. It seems as if it is foregoing traditional malls for the lifestyle center approach. Oddly enough, there will only be one JCPenny mall location left in metro Atlanta. That is amazing considering the number of malls located there. Southlake Mall is seemingly thriving and with the closure of Union Station/Shannon Mall, I am sure a healthier retailer such as Belk would be interested in the spot. It's run by General Growth Properties so it would behoove them to get on this fast.

• 2 weeks later...

JCPenney is closing their department store at Southlake Mall and their Home Store at Gwinnett Place Mall, but not the department store.

See the info here> http://www.11alive.com/rss/rss_story.aspx?storyid=174571

According to their website which is not updated, I checked each of these mall's websites to verify where there are JCPenney department stores in the metropolitan area:

Town Center at Cobb, Gwinnett Place Mall, Mall of Georgia, North Point Mall, Northlake Mall, Mall at Stonecrest, Arbor Place Mall, and a new stand alone JCPenney in McDonough.

Archived