Carson's in Newington - Closed

Mr. Brass Bonanza

This has been closed for a few weeks. We were heading to Stew Leonard's and a strange area of darkness caught my eye across the turnpike. It was Carson's...dark as night. I loved this place...when it was Hops, too. There doesn't seem to be any activity at all. The signage is still up, and if you drive by it during the day, you would think it just hasn't opened for the day yet. That's really too bad. I wonder if there was any word beforehand. I didn't hear anything.

It looks like there is some activity at the old 99 a little further north. Any idea what that's going to be? I hope it's not a bank or pharmacy, but another restaurant. It's really not in the best place...it's not accessible from the northbound lane--and when you see it you just pass the exit to get off--and you almost pass it by before you see it from the southbound lane.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been closed for a few weeks. We were heading to Stew Leonard's and a strange area of darkness caught my eye across the turnpike. It was Carson's...dark as night. I loved this place...when it was Hops, too. There doesn't seem to be any activity at all. The signage is still up, and if you drive by it during the day, you would think it just hasn't opened for the day yet. That's really too bad. I wonder if there was any word beforehand. I didn't hear anything.

It looks like there is some activity at the old 99 a little further north. Any idea what that's going to be? I hope it's not a bank or pharmacy, but another restaurant. It's really not in the best place...it's not accessible from the northbound lane--and when you see it you just pass the exit to get off--and you almost pass it by before you see it from the southbound lane.

I thought the 99 in Manchester and on the pike were becoming Sonic

• 2 weeks later...

I can see the one in Manchester becoming a Sonic, but the one in Newington...that seems like a bad place. They definitely have the room behind the building for the long queue lines, but traffic right there is brutal during rush hour already. Having one there would be cool, though...it would be two miles from my house instead of 30. There is definitely some major work going on there, so we'll just have to see. I just hope it wouldn't meet the same fate as the Krispy Kreme that openned a couple miles down the road in 2002.

Archived