Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beerbeer

Aetna CEO - Connecticut Taxes, Cost Of Living Restrict Job Growth

8 posts in this topic

well, in fairness, from what I have read most of the 1.5B would not affect a companies cost to add headcount.

the key thing however is that if the 2+ billion in union concessions can be made, we as a state would have half a change to eventually lower or operational costs as a state. That and the consolidating of over 30 state departments to lower the number of top end positions could some day make the place financially ablt to maybe make it more business friendly.

We are so screwed if Malloy's budget gets passed! Tax increases across the board. I really do hope you Malloy voters are happy. Gotta start looking at the southern States. Our economy will continue to struggle if we continue on the same path. I've completely lost hope for my State.

I liked this part of the malloy budget as well.

it is not a deal changer (the union concessions might be), but it certainly could help

and for the love of god, please read the whole damn article because it really is a decent program.

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-malloy-business-0210-20110216,0,164371.story

Malloy called the plan the "First Five," and said the Department of Economic and Community Development will be empowered to combine existing tax credits to reward the first five companies that choose to add at least 200 full-time jobs in the state in the next two years.

later in the article it tells how the program will also encourage R&D with a tax change there, and there is a program to help small business as well.

like I said, read the article.

I liked this part of the malloy budget as well.

it is not a deal changer (the union concessions might be), but it certainly could help

and for the love of god, please read the whole damn article because it really is a decent program.

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-malloy-business-0210-20110216,0,164371.story

Malloy called the plan the "First Five," and said the Department of Economic and Community Development will be empowered to combine existing tax credits to reward the first five companies that choose to add at least 200 full-time jobs in the state in the next two years.

later in the article it tells how the program will also encourage R&D with a tax change there, and there is a program to help small business as well.

like I said, read the article.

Yeah how's that working out 5 years later? Constant budget deficits and getting worse, constant tax increases, more regulation, GE leaving, etc. I could go on but what's the point? And before you blame me for being a Republican, just to reiterate I'm a registered independent. Not interested in being affiliated with a party.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk

That was from five years ago.  The state has done zero to improve it's business climate and the results were predictable.

Sad to see but nothing is going to wake up the voters of Connecticut.