Last Post Info not updating

walker

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is happening to me, too. For some reason the "Last Post Info" shows up correctly in the grandparent forum, but not in the parent forum. From "Charlotte" it shows me the correct last post in "Charlotte Coffee House," but once i'm in the Coffee House forum none of the threads show the last post correctly.

• 5 months later...

This should be resolved, still looking into a possible issue with duplicates however.

Seems to be occurring again - possibly because of server problems yesterday. See the end of this thread. I tried making a post throughout yesterday afternoon, but kept receiving 500 errors. I kept checking the thread to make sure that the posts weren't going through, but they didn't show up until I checked again this morning. On the thread listing, the last post is listed as being made on July 26 rather than yesterday.

Seems to be occurring again - possibly because of server problems yesterday. See the end of this thread. I tried making a post throughout yesterday afternoon, but kept receiving 500 errors. I kept checking the thread to make sure that the posts weren't going through, but they didn't show up until I checked again this morning. On the thread listing, the last post is listed as being made on July 26 rather than yesterday.

I've got a rebuild running now to resynchronize things. We've got a fairly large database which causes an issue. Technically speaking, our database is over 2.2GB in size...that's a LOT of posts as this doesn't include images, it's text only.

FYI, we've got a fairly large upgrade coming soon to the site which will offer several cool features and will also hopefully reduce issues like the one you experienced. You'll also be able to save a post...it'll be a bit like the way Gmail works in that the post is auto-saved while you are writing it. :)

Lots of things to do to get ready for the upgrade, but it is coming. I've also done lots of things hardware and background related in the last couple of weeks to assist in the growth of the site. I doubled the server's memory, optimized several things (for the geeks out there, I switched to FCGID for PHP and switched a couple of heavily used tables to MyISAM...don't worry, the tables will rebuild should the server get rebooted without issue).

Archived