Bogart's American Grill closing

Justin6882

When it first opened I really enjoyed it - but it was also one of the only restaurants on Glenwood South. Now it's rarely in my consideration set when I'm thinking about dinner or recommending something for others. Let's hope something else comes in soon - it's a great location.

From the N&O

The closure is part of an ongoing effort to renew and refresh this year from Bogart's parent company, Raleigh-based Rocky Top Hospitality. Already, Rocky Top renovated its Twisted Fork restaurant in North Raleigh and shuttered its first-ever restaurant, Michael Deans. That location is currently being renovated to become the chain's second Tribeca Tavern restaurant.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will definitely miss their Sunday brunch. Agreed, hopefully something will fill the space soon.

Anybody have suggestions for other places I can go instead?

For Sunday brunch? Dozens of options really....Porters, Humble Pie, Irregardless, NoFo, The Point, Oxford, Jibarra, Napper Tandy's, Tir Na Nog, 518 West, Busy Bee, Hibernian, Poole's, Top of The Tower (Clarion)....and starting in May, Red Room.

And that's just off the top of my head. :lol:

For me, the sad thing about Bogarts closing is less the food loss as it is the venue itself. Always loved the retro 40s theme....like those formal nightclubs you see in old B&W movies. Table cloths, semi-circle booths, music stage, large bar, party room. Really...there's no other spot like it downtown.

Hayes-Barton Cafe will still at least have the 40s retro theme going, though it's a tiny diner-sized spot and not quite the same.

• 10 months later...

Archived