Whale Bowl sellout?

HartfordHope

From what I have read there have been 28,500 tickets sold as of last night. The whale expects a walk-up of around 7k. If this does happen the 38k seat Rent will be approaching a sell out. Awesome! It does mean that the people who didn't buy tickets early may get stuck with some bad seats though seeing they built the rink more towards one side of the stadium.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

absolutely crazy that they can sell 30,000 seats like they have.

I was talking to someone in the office yesterday who heard/saw that they were out franticly clearing snow from whole sections of seats that they previously did not expect to sell tickets for. luckily its been warm the last few days or that would be impossible.

I am really looking forward to the game and the experience in general.

In case anybody is interested...I called the Whale's front office today because I will be attending the Farmington vs Newington/Berlin game at 10am tomorrow but will leave between that and the Alumni game at 4. What I found out is that the $12 parking fee does not need to be paid twice so we can come and go from the lot, just as we can from the games. The ticket and parking stubs will get you in and out all day. I expect that this may actuallly be a sell-out, plus they sounded extremely busy in the background.

I got tickets for the whole event, but unfortunately I'll only be able to go to the Alumni game and the Whale game. I must say I'm incredibly excited though...

is everyone thawed out yet?

I gotta say I had a damn good time, we were high fiveing the guys behind us and jumping around like kids every time the whale scored. (the ahl game) It was very fun, and worth the frozen toes for the experience.

That being said, it was damn cold. I was prepared for cold and managed pretty well, but by the end, all I could think of was that I needed another pair of socks

and It would have been amazing if the weather was a little better and all 28k showed up.

still a good night for all

Defintely a great day all around. I made it to see Farmington High play Newington/Berlin which was actually a highlight of my day. My brother and I enjoyed ourselves for a brisk morning of hockey and coffee.

I left during the Army game to get more properly dressed. The morning game was a good test to how cold it was going to be and I'm glad we left to bundle up for the afternoon.

The alumni game was ok but it was a bit slow for my taste...slower than the high school game. It was nice to see some old names and even the Hanson Bros.

It was a fight to reenter during the first period of the Whale game though. We had to fight it out with security at 7:15 because they tried to tell us that our wrist bands were only valid til 7. We fought and we won, as did the 20 or so people behind us. I was not going to pay my $45 for a day of hockey only to be denied during the most important game of them all.

As for the cold...it sucked! The wind was ridiculous and no matter how many layers I had on, I couldnt warm up. But it was all worth it. Sure would have been great if all 28k showed up and the weather was like the day before. But oh well...it's February in New England. We shouldnt expect anything more from mother nature.

It was a great experience and would love to have another chance at it in the future.

is everyone thawed out yet?

I gotta say I had a damn good time, we were high fiveing the guys behind us and jumping around like kids every time the whale scored. (the ahl game) It was very fun, and worth the frozen toes for the experience.

That being said, it was damn cold. I was prepared for cold and managed pretty well, but by the end, all I could think of was that I needed another pair of socks

and It would have been amazing if the weather was a little better and all 28k showed up.

still a good night for all

Archived