Arkanzin

West Little Rock

It looks like Panera, once rumored to be going in Park Avenue, is going to locate at Shackleford and Kanis. It is listed as a freestanding location (no surprise at that corner), with a drive through. I don't like this location near as much as Midtown (nor do I think the volume/traffic will be as good), but I'm sure they have their reasons for not trying to work something out with them.

Plumbing permit: http://www.healthy.a...PLUMB/80748.htm

That's very curious. I don't think this offers much geographic diversity with their other location. So for those of us in mid-town, the question then has to be which suburban location to drive to. Disappointing.

That's very curious. I don't think this offers much geographic diversity with their other location. So for those of us in mid-town, the question then has to be which suburban location to drive to. Disappointing.

I know. A downtown location or a midtown location would be phenomenal and it would get the Midtown/Hillcrest/Heights crowd like me that isn't going to drive out to Cantrell to hit up Panera. if they put one downtown near the River Market or on Main in the next few years I'll forgive this indiscretion :D . I mainly just don't understand this site location. I would have thought they would have put it by Shackleford Crossings and those hotels (or at least closer) if they wanted a location in that area instead of at an intersection that just has a gas station and isn't very visible from anywhere else or connected to any developments with foot traffic from other retailers. You're right though, this doesn't really help their accessibility in the Little Rock market as much as a Midtown location would have. Or a North Little Rock location near McCain. Strange choice.

Well, there's already one on McCain at Lakewood Village. But yes, downtown would have been a magnificent location. One of the empty shops there could have been renovated.

Question?

Would this new location be located across from the burger place at Kanis & Shackleford?

Well, there's already one on McCain at Lakewood Village. But yes, downtown would have been a magnificent location. One of the empty shops there could have been renovated.

Question?

Would this new location be located across from the burger place at Kanis & Shackleford?

Ah, I completely forgot about that location.

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be across from it, or actually at the site of the former burger place. It moved to a new location recently so the property was available I believe. The lot the burger place is on would be a lot easier to develop terrain wise, but I don't know how long this location has been in the works, so it may pre-date that place moving.

Ah, I completely forgot about that location.

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be across from it, or actually at the site of the former burger place. It moved to a new location recently so the property was available I believe. The lot the burger place is on would be a lot easier to develop terrain wise, but I don't know how long this location has been in the works, so it may pre-date that place moving.

Isn't the former buger place the location for a new Dunkin Donuts?

Isn't the former buger place the location for a new Dunkin Donuts?

I don't know about that. I know about the Dunkin going in on Cantrell, but last I heard that intersection location was just a rumor. If both Panera and Dunkin go in there is will be an interesting change for an otherwise unremarkable intersection.

I don't know about that. I know about the Dunkin going in on Cantrell, but last I heard that intersection location was just a rumor. If both Panera and Dunkin go in there is will be an interesting change for an otherwise unremarkable intersection.

Dunkin will be replacing the burger place and Panera will be to the east of Dunkin.

Dunkin will be replacing the burger place and Panera will be to the east of Dunkin.

Ah, very interesting then. I still find the location choice odd, but that will make that intersection quite a bit different than it is now.

Looks like construction/renovation on the old Walmart at Bowman and Chenal is getting ready to begin. There is now a "construction entrance" sign on the Chenal entrance to the property, and a construction trailer on the north end of the parking lot. I'm assuming this will become the rumored "small" Supercenter?

I'm assuming this will become the rumored "small" Supercenter?

I thought this was going to be a large Neighborhood Market instead of a small Super Center. Perhaps I heard wrong.

I missed this somewhere, but there is a Holiday Inn going in on Finacial Center according to there website.

It's the old Chenal Suites that sits behind the Courtyard.

I missed this somewhere, but there is a Holiday Inn going in on Finacial Center according to there website.

I just noticed this on the Plumbing Permits. So there will be two Holiday Inns within a mile of each other? I guess the Crowne Plaza caters to a different crowd.

It's the old Chenal Suites that sits behind the Courtyard.

I figured it had to be the redevelopment of some property. It's another full service hotel to serve that area.

I just noticed this on the Plumbing Permits. So there will be two Holiday Inns within a mile of each other? I guess the Crowne Plaza caters to a different crowd.

Where is the second Holiday Inn out there? Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn are viewed entirely differently by most business travelers I've talked to (or traveled with) but I didn't know there was another Holiday Inn out there as well.

Where is the second Holiday Inn out there? Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn are viewed entirely differently by most business travelers I've talked to (or traveled with) but I didn't know there was another Holiday Inn out there as well.

Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza are both ichotels properties. The Crowne Plaza used to be a Holiday Inn, then became Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza. As I said, they cater to a different crowd, much like the Holiday Inn and a Holiday Inn Express at the airport.

Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza are both ichotels properties. The Crowne Plaza used to be a Holiday Inn, then became Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza. As I said, they cater to a different crowd, much like the Holiday Inn and a Holiday Inn Express at the airport.

Oh, I see what you meant. I thought you were talking about two Holiday Inns, not just two Intercontinental Hotel properties. I was a IC Hotels loyalists when I used to travel a lot so I got pretty familiar with the quirks of each of their mainstream chains :D, but I was unaware that the Crowne Plaza property here used to be a Holiday Inn. They haven't used the Holiday Inn label in association with the Crowne Plaza brand for many years so I was unfamiliar with the terminology. The one here is actually quite nice, just small. I always thought if Little Rock were a bit larger they would have a larger building downtown as one by now, but maybe someday... It will be interesting to see how the reboot of the Holiday Inn brand goes, they did a good job making HIE a very appealing casual and economically minded business traveler chain in a relatively short time, so if they can clear out the bad properties that they can't justify renovating (and there are a lot of them) from the Holiday Inn stable and build nice new ones while renovating existing hotels into moderns ones they may be able to pull off a more distinct market niche with it once again.

Ah, very interesting then. I still find the location choice odd, but that will make that intersection quite a bit different than it is now.

Just passed by this intersection the other day. It appears that if both establishments are bound for this part of town, the positions are flipped. Dunkin Donuts looks like it's the one building farther east, and is now under construction. On a side note, it took some time for the former Alley Oops/Burger Mama's building to finally come down.

A couple of tidbits from Rodney Parham Road and the greater Pleasant Valley area...

• Pleasant Valley Plaza, the Spanish-styled shopping center west of the Rodney Parham/Arkansas Valley intersection, potentially has new ownership in the works.  Word in late June from the folks at Delicious Temptations, one of the few steady tenants of the center right now, is that the new owner will occupy a good portion of the retail space now available. Sale of the property is currently awaiting closing.
  • Fronting Pleasant Valley Plaza in the former Waldenbooks/USA Drug building, iPawn has now opened. Curiously, the phone number with its 562- prefix seems to be one carried over from farther south in the city. No idea if it's related to the online pawn broker of the same name.

Slim Chicken's second location in Little Rock will be on N Shackleford in/near the West Chase Plaza shopping center. I assumed it was going to be at the former Back Yard Burgers location there as well, but the addresses don't quite match up so I'm not sure if it will be there or somewhere in the shopping center.

Maybe the old Arbys?

Ah, didn't realized that had closed but makes sense with the new one out by Walmart. That would be a better location for them anyway, a bit more space and still has a drive through.