West Little Rock

Ah, I completely forgot about that location.

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be across from it, or actually at the site of the former burger place. It moved to a new location recently so the property was available I believe. The lot the burger place is on would be a lot easier to develop terrain wise, but I don't know how long this location has been in the works, so it may pre-date that place moving.

Isn't the former buger place the location for a new Dunkin Donuts?

Isn't the former buger place the location for a new Dunkin Donuts?

I don't know about that. I know about the Dunkin going in on Cantrell, but last I heard that intersection location was just a rumor. If both Panera and Dunkin go in there is will be an interesting change for an otherwise unremarkable intersection.

I don't know about that. I know about the Dunkin going in on Cantrell, but last I heard that intersection location was just a rumor. If both Panera and Dunkin go in there is will be an interesting change for an otherwise unremarkable intersection.

Dunkin will be replacing the burger place and Panera will be to the east of Dunkin.

Looks like construction/renovation on the old Walmart at Bowman and Chenal is getting ready to begin. There is now a "construction entrance" sign on the Chenal entrance to the property, and a construction trailer on the north end of the parking lot. I'm assuming this will become the rumored "small" Supercenter?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's been some word that David Parker purchased the B/P/GMC location and will relocate Audi and possibly seek a second brand to fill the space. But I could definitely be wrong about that.

The location, which has been completely vacant for a couple of years, now has about two dozen Cadillacs spread out on the lot. No work has been done on the building, so it just may be storage for overflow. Surprised he hasn't done something else with the lot by now.

Also, today's paper has an ad that says there will be a garage sale in that building this Saturday. Basically, they're selling everything in the building - desks, frames, auto equipment, etc. Should be some work going on soon, based on that type of sale.

Edited by adman0468

The location, which has been completely vacant for a couple of years, now has about two dozen Cadillacs spread out on the lot. No work has been done on the building, so it just may be storage for overflow. Surprised he hasn't done something else with the lot by now.

Also, today's paper has an ad that says there will be a garage sale in that building this Saturday. Basically, they're selling everything in the building - desks, frames, auto equipment, etc. Should be some work going on soon, based on that type of sale.

I noticed that as well...all the Cadillacs (my wife and I assumed overflow parking, but sheesh, it's not like Parker Cadillac doesn't have enough land at its current location). I continually hear rumors that Porsche is coming back to the market, so I could possibly see moving Audi (continued large growth in U.S. marketshare) to the old B/P/GMC location (larger) and putting Porsche next to Parker Cadillac since it's a relatively small building/site. But this is pure speculation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just noticed this on the Plumbing Permits. So there will be two Holiday Inns within a mile of each other? I guess the Crowne Plaza caters to a different crowd.

Where is the second Holiday Inn out there? Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn are viewed entirely differently by most business travelers I've talked to (or traveled with) but I didn't know there was another Holiday Inn out there as well.

Where is the second Holiday Inn out there? Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn are viewed entirely differently by most business travelers I've talked to (or traveled with) but I didn't know there was another Holiday Inn out there as well.

Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza are both ichotels properties. The Crowne Plaza used to be a Holiday Inn, then became Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza. As I said, they cater to a different crowd, much like the Holiday Inn and a Holiday Inn Express at the airport.

Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza are both ichotels properties. The Crowne Plaza used to be a Holiday Inn, then became Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza. As I said, they cater to a different crowd, much like the Holiday Inn and a Holiday Inn Express at the airport.

Oh, I see what you meant. I thought you were talking about two Holiday Inns, not just two Intercontinental Hotel properties. I was a IC Hotels loyalists when I used to travel a lot so I got pretty familiar with the quirks of each of their mainstream chains :D, but I was unaware that the Crowne Plaza property here used to be a Holiday Inn. They haven't used the Holiday Inn label in association with the Crowne Plaza brand for many years so I was unfamiliar with the terminology. The one here is actually quite nice, just small. I always thought if Little Rock were a bit larger they would have a larger building downtown as one by now, but maybe someday... It will be interesting to see how the reboot of the Holiday Inn brand goes, they did a good job making HIE a very appealing casual and economically minded business traveler chain in a relatively short time, so if they can clear out the bad properties that they can't justify renovating (and there are a lot of them) from the Holiday Inn stable and build nice new ones while renovating existing hotels into moderns ones they may be able to pull off a more distinct market niche with it once again.

Ah, very interesting then. I still find the location choice odd, but that will make that intersection quite a bit different than it is now.

Just passed by this intersection the other day. It appears that if both establishments are bound for this part of town, the positions are flipped. Dunkin Donuts looks like it's the one building farther east, and is now under construction. On a side note, it took some time for the former Alley Oops/Burger Mama's building to finally come down.

• 2 months later...

There is a sign in front of the dealership that says something to the effect of 'big things will happen in spring 2013 when two great brands merge'. That wording makes me think it isn't just Audi moving to the site. Since we know Parker owns it, it seems likely that Audi/Porsche would be coming to the site. Any other thoughts? And what happens to the old Audi site?

VW/Audi purchased Porsche outright. Several years ago, there was a concerted effort by Porsche to distance itself from Audi as at the time they were a common pairing at dealerships (there's always been some management/financial ties between the two). I think this kept Porsche from opening here in recent history since they wanted to be stand-along, and that's a difficult proposition in a smaller market. But now that they've "merged" this must be the outcome. Porsche has too long been absent in this large of a market. I'll be excited to see this happen!

• 1 month later...

I have seen something in the paper alluding to Parker bringing Mini to Little Rock, but who knows if Chenal/Markham would be the site?

This seems odd as  BMW owns Mini Cooper. The obvious location for a Mini dealership is in conjunction with BMW of Little Rock. A couple of years ago I asked a salesman at LRBMW why they didn't have Mini. He claimed that to set up a Mini dealership would cost over a $million.