Arkanzin

West Little Rock

The former Cactus Jacks location over by Academy Sports and Pizza Hut has been demolished. Not sure what is going there but I didn't see any for lease signs so I assume something is already in the works.

-R

On 3/11/2016 at 9:24 AM, SangreRaVen said:

The former Cactus Jacks location over by Academy Sports and Pizza Hut has been demolished. Not sure what is going there but I didn't see any for lease signs so I assume something is already in the works.

-R

Wow!  I drove by there yesterday and didn't even notice.  It would be a great location for....

1.  Steak N Shake.

2.  Freddy's 

3.  ....suggestions?

49 minutes ago, Arkanzin said:

Wow!  I drove by there yesterday and didn't even notice.  It would be a great location for....

1.  Steak N Shake.

2.  Freddy's 

3.  ....suggestions?

It's going to be a new construction building that will house a national dental office of some sort (Delta Dental, Aspen Dental, something like that).  There's a small 1400SF space left over in the new construction that the landlord is trying to get leased.  Pretty small for a restaurant but maybe a good retail user will go in there.  Rent is pretty high from what I'm being told.

On 3/14/2016 at 10:01 AM, LRretail said:

It's going to be a new construction building that will house a national dental office of some sort (Delta Dental, Aspen Dental, something like that).  There's a small 1400SF space left over in the new construction that the landlord is trying to get leased.  Pretty small for a restaurant but maybe a good retail user will go in there.  Rent is pretty high from what I'm being told.

Seems like there have been quite a few "chain" dental places opening around town.  

14 hours ago, SangreRaVen said:

so basically a waste... :/

In so many words, yes.  I'm not exactly sure what the allure of a "chain" dental office is. 

59 minutes ago, SangreRaVen said:

well several have popped up in WLR :/

I would love to see a Steak n Shake, Whataburger, or anything better than that.

I notice they started putting up fence post around the old Sears Auto at Chenal and Markham, wonder if they are about to start the demo process finally. Also notice that the La Madeleine signs have been put up. I know this was set to open in March but they still have a few things to finish up so I bet its more than likely another week or two before it opens. 

-R

Well the old Sears build is totally gone now, there is still some of the rubble left but they have moved a large portion of it away. I imagine in no time we will start seeing them begin to rip up the old parking lot and start building (if I recall correctly) the gas station that is going there.

-R

2 hours ago, DTLOVER said:

SO exciting, I cannot wait, another gas station at one of the most prime intersections in WLR...such innovation...ZZZZZ....ZZZZZ

I know, right?!!!

Wouldn't have been enough parking for a restaurant unless it was small like 2500SF or so.  The Murphy's paid a handsome sum for the property, which was owned by an out of town investor that had an extremely long lease with Sears even though they closed it.  I agree with you though.  Banks, burger joints, and gas stations...that's all we seem to be able to have open up lately.

18 hours ago, LRretail said:

Wouldn't have been enough parking for a restaurant unless it was small like 2500SF or so.  The Murphy's paid a handsome sum for the property, which was owned by an out of town investor that had an extremely long lease with Sears even though they closed it.  I agree with you though.  Banks, burger joints, and gas stations...that's all we seem to be able to have open up lately.

Speaking of not enough parking - the La Madeline's lot seems tiny. And there's really no room for overflow. I guess we'll see once it opens.

4 minutes ago, adman0468 said:

Speaking of not enough parking - the La Madeline's lot seems tiny. And there's really no room for overflow. I guess we'll see once it opens.

Maybe it's just me, but that's such a bizarro location...

49 minutes ago, adman0468 said:

They've installed a wooden fence along the back to keep people from parking at the auto repair shop behind the restaurant.  This was a good location but the future site of the Murphy USA gas station was not?  

remember they do have the parking behind the strip mall as well that is not part of Service King, it runs from behind the liquor store over to Jimmy Johns

-R

From La MadeLeine's Little Rock Facebook Page:

Grand Opening:

Break bread with us on Thursday, April 21st! The first 50 guests in line at 6:30 am will receive 1 loaf of bread or baguette each week for a year!

-R

On April 13, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Arkanzin said:

They've installed a wooden fence along the back to keep people from parking at the auto repair shop behind the restaurant.  This was a good location but the future site of the Murphy USA gas station was not?  

I think they put that fence up so auto body shop people wouldn't park on their lot.  There's quite the large parking lot behind the buildings.  I would expect they intend for people to park there for overflow.  I don't think the former Sears spot was ever available for sale until the Murphy's made the seller a sizable premium over what the property was worth.